QuickBooks Point of Sale is an ideal accounting software of the retail businesses as it allows you increase the cash flow and manage day-to-day accounting tasks with ease. QuickBooks comes with a user-friendly interface that allows even a beginner to perform some good level of accounting tasks. All your financial and non-financial data related to your business is saved in the company file. However, there can be some instances when you will have to remove some of your data or your entire company from QuickBooks POS and this article will help you in doing that.
QuickBooks has made cash-flow and payments very easy as it can now be done with some simple clicks. QuickBooks POS also allows you to track your inventory and sales of your business.
QuickBooks users have hundreds of queries related to various processes and one of them is how to delete a company file in QuickBooks POS. This article will provide you a complete process of removing a company file from QuickBooks POS. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get answers for all your QB related queries.
Steps On How To Delete A Company In QuickBooks POS
You may want to delete your company file for number of reasons like you might be thinking about changing your system and upgrading to a better configuration. However, before you start removing your QuickBooks company file, you should create a copy of your data for future references. You can store a copy of your data file in a flash drive or an external drive. There are chances that QuickBooks can store your files in multiple locations depending upon the version of your OS.
- Go to the folder location where your company file is located:
- For Windows XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x\ (x.x is your POS version).
- For Windows 7 or Vista users: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale x.x\.
- The data files will be available in the sub-folder and that folder will have a name of your company file.
- Delete the entire point of sale folder from there. In case if you couldn’t locate the backup file in your system then you will have to locate the files with .qbp Delete all the files from the search result.
- Now, open the Recycle bin and remove all the deleted files from there. Now you have successfully removed all the data files and backup files of your company. Now, you can create another company file with ease.
Reach Us For Support
The provided steps will allow you to remove a company file from QuickBooks POS. Removing a company from POS allows you to create a new company file easily because there won’t be any kind of conflicts between the new and old company file. However, if you are facing any kind of issue while or after removing the company file then you may have to contact a QuickBooks ProAdvisor to get solution for your issues. You can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and you will be provided an instant solution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues so that you can use QuickBooks without any kind of issue.