QuickBooks accounting software provides you an end to end accounting services that allows you to manage your financial records. Its biggest advantage is that it provides a user-friendly environment due to which any one can use this software easily. QuickBooks comes with hundreds of accounting features and one of them is exporting QuickBooks data to various other applications such as MS Excel. You can export your reports to Excel and analyze your reports easily.
QuickBooks Desktop is specially designed to get easily integrated with the third-party applications. It can easily be integrated with QuickBooks and all your long reports can easily be imported here. If you don’t know the full procedure of exporting QB data in Excel then this article can be very helpful for you as we will be providing you the steps to do so. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and get assistance for all your QB related queries.
Steps To Export QuickBooks To Excel
- Open and log into your QuickBooks company file using correct credentials.
- Navigate to the Reports menu and then select Report Center.
- Choose the report that you are looking to export.
- From the report toolbar, click on Excel and then select one of the following:
- Create New Worksheet – To export your report to a new Excel document.
- Update Existing Worksheet – To export your report to an already existing Excel document. You need to perform the following steps to do so:
- Select Browse option and then locate the file in which you wish to export your report.
- Select the sheet in which you want to export the report.
- (Optional) Select Advanced if you wish to set a particular format for the Excel report you are exporting. Click on OK after you are done with setting up the format.
- Click on Export to start the export process. Once the export will finish, it will automatically open in MS Excel file.
Update directly from Excel
QuickBooks provides you the option to export reports even if you are working in Excel and to do so, you need to open the QuickBooks tab from Excel and click on Update Report option.
However, to do this process properly, you need to make sure that QuickBooks is running. It is important because QuickBooks always updates your integrated application preferences — it gives a command to QuickBooks Desktop that Excel requires the permission to access your data. When you are done with exporting your data for the first time, all your reports will automatically get updated in Excel and you won’t require to run QuickBooks every time.
Issues While Exporting QuickBooks Reports To Excel
Warning: Excel allows 256 columns in a worksheet
This error message can pop-up on your screen if try to export a report that contains more than 256 columns. You can resolve this error by following the below steps:
Remove space between columns:
- Run the Send Report to Excel window and then tap on Advanced
- Remove the checkmark on the Space between columns box and then select OK.
Create a CSV file:
- Run the Send Report to Excel window and then tap on Create a comma separate values (.csv) file
- Click on Export and then enter the file name.
- Select a preferred location for the file and click on Save.
Advantages Of Exporting QuickBooks Report To Excel
- Exporting QuickBooks reports to Excel allows you to make modifications in the report such as sales statements and invoices.
- It allows you to manage and check your complex data with ease.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The steps mentioned in this article should be very helpful for you and you should be able to export your reports in QuickBooks with ease. However, there are several issues as well, related to exporting of QuickBooks Data and you may face difficulties during the process. But, you need to worry at all as you can now get an instant solution for your QuickBooks errors and issues by just dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012. You can also connect with our technical support team by using the QuickBooks Live Chat Support service.