QuickBooks comes with so many advanced features and email services is one of them. It allows you to send and receive emails directly into QuickBooks Desktop software. This allows you to send invoices, forms, reports directly from QuickBooks. However, sometimes you can face several errors and issues while using the QuickBooks email services. One of them is the Outlook is not an option in QuickBooks send form preferences.
You can use email services in QuickBooks using almost every leading email service provider. However, you can face several issues if you are using Outlook as your email account. This article will provide you the solution steps to resolving the Outlook issues in QuickBooks. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get an instant solution for your issues.
Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
This error restricts you from operating outlook through QuickBooks. So you need to know the main reason behind it:
- Current version of Outlook is not compatible with older versions of QuickBooks. If this is the case then you need to update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
- The Outlook version installed on your system is outdated.
- Outlook is not set as your default email in QuickBooks.
- Outlook is not installed on your system or it is not integrated with QuickBooks.
- Outlook is not the default email service in Internet Explorer.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Outlook Issue
If the error is not occurring when you go to Edit> Send Form> My Preference then it means that the outlook is not being used as an emailing option in your QuickBooks. To resolve the error, you need to perform the following steps:
Solution 1: Use Outlook as default
- Open Internet Explorer and from Tools, go to Options.
- Choose Advanced tab and then click on General Setting.
- Now, click on Option and then set Outlook as default program for email.
- Now again go to Option and then click on Startup.
- Mark the Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contact and Calendar checkbox”.
If you still get the error message: Outlook is not an option in QuickBooks send forms preferences then you need to go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Outlook version is supported by your system or not…
- Open Outlook and from the Microsoft Outlook Help Menu, click on About Microsoft Office.
- Checkout the version of Outlook installed on your system from the version information section.
- Also, check the version of Outlook in QuickBooks by click on the Outlook ribbon.
Solution 3: In the windows, try to edit the mail profile settings.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes using the Task Manager.
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Navigate to the email section and then click on Mail.
- From the email setup, click on Show Profile
- Click on Always Use This and then click on OK.
- Try to use Outlook in QuickBooks Desktop to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 4: WIN.INI file may not be configured properly
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the C:\ drive and then go to the folder where the INI file is located.
- Select the INI file and press CTRL + C keys to copy the file.
- Now, paste the file to a new location.
- Navigate to the folder C:\Windows\WIN
- Locate the MAIL and several other files. If the file couldn’t be identified then you need to add it with the following text:
- Once you are done with editing the file, click on Save.
- Restart QuickBooks.
- From the main menu, go to Edit > Preferences > Check The Send Form Preferences.
Reach Us For Support
The steps provided in this article should be helpful for you and you should now be able to resolve the Outlook is not an option in QuickBooks send forms preferences issues. However, if you are not able to resolve the error manually or you require some assistance while performing the fixes then you can simply contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and all your issues resolved.