Intuit QuickBooks is known for its high efficiency and great performance and to maintain it Intuit releases an update every year. Currently, QuickBooks 2019 is the latest version which was released in September 2018. Along with the every new release, Intuit also discontinues a QuickBooks version which was released two years back like last year the 2015 version was discontinued and this year the 2016 version will get discontinued by the Intuit. Yes, you heard it right! Intuit is going to discontinue the QuickBooks 2016 versions from May 31, 2019.
All the QuickBooks users get notified about this discontinuation policy through email, in-product notifications and the Intuit’s official website. The discontinuation basically means that Intuit will not provide any kind of services such as live technical support, add-on services and critical security updates. You must be updated to the latest version of the QuickBooks software in order to avoid any kind of consequences of this decision taken by Intuit. You can contact the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get more information about this discontinuation policy of Intuit.
What Service Discontinuation Means?
The service discontinuation means that you won’t be able get enjoy some of the most important QuickBooks services as online banking, payroll, multicurrency, compliance update and other services in your QuickBooks 2016 version after May 31, 2016.
We regularly notify the users who will be getting affected after this discontinuation so we highly recommend you to read all the notifications carefully.
How Will The Discontinuation Affect You?
So many users are getting confused about the consequences that they can face due to the discontinuation of QuickBooks 2016 versions. This article is specially written for you to clear all your doubts regarding this decision. If you are on the QuickBooks 2016 version then you will not get any kind of support from Intuit and you will also not receive any kind of security updates after May 31, 2019. The basic software and the tool integrated with it will function the way it was functioning earlier but the biggest drawback is that you won’t be able to use Payroll service which is one of the most important services if you own a business. You can contact the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number +1888-396-0208 if you have any queries regarding the payroll services in QuickBooks 2016 version.
The discontinuation will affect the following 2016 versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
If you are using any of the above-mentioned product then you need to upgrade your software to the latest release or you can contact the QuickBooks 2019 Upgrade Support Number +1888-396-0208 toll-free to avail upgrade services from Intuit.
We’ve listed all the services that will get discontinued by the Intuit after 31st May 2019 and they are as follow:
- Bill Pay and Electronic Payment Service.
- The multi-currency feature which is used to manage transactions in non-US currency.
- Online money transfer via Intuit Payment Network.
- Critical security updates to keep your data secure.
- E-check processing service.
- Credit card processing service which is used for accepting the payments both online and offline.
- Live QuickBooks Support
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service through which you can transfer the Accountant’s Copy (.QBX) file to your accountant.
- Online Banking services manage your bank account directly from QuickBooks Desktop.
- QuickBooks Online Backup is a service that creates a backup of your data files automatically.
- QuickBooks Payroll Services (Basic, Assisted, Enhanced, Standard, View My Paycheck and WC Payment Service)
- QuickBooks Emailing Service
The Calendar Year 2019 Discontinuation Policy (QuickBooks Desktop 2016 Products)
In the following table, we have listed the products that will be affected and the products that won’t get affected by discontinuation after May 31, 2019:
|Fully supported products||Products for which services will be discontinued after May 31, 2019|
|QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2019, 2018, 2017||QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016
QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2016 (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
|QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019||QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2016|
|QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2019, 2018, 2017||QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 16|
|QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2019, 2018, 2017||QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition 2016|
|QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0||N/A|
Upgrade To QuickBooks Desktop 2019 Versions
If you are using QuickBooks for your business then you might be aware of the fact your business basically depends on your QuickBooks software and it should be your responsibility to update your QuickBooks to the latest release. Updating your QuickBooks software is not a complex task and it can be done easily by following appropriate guidelines. You can follow the below-mentioned steps in order to update your QuickBooks software:
Step 1: Install And Activate Your New QuickBooks
- Go to the official website if Intuit to get the installation file of QuickBooks 2019 version
- Double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation process
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install and activate the QuickBooks software
Note: You may be required to enter new license number & product number.
Step 2: Prepare Your QuickBooks File For Update
- Run the QuickBooks desktop and press the F2 key get the location where the company files are stored.
- If you are on a network then it is recommended to save your company files on your local system. Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file and save it on a portable drive so that you can restore the backups if anything goes wrong.
- Perform the Verify and Rebuild data procedure to ensure that you don’t face any data loss.
Step 3: Update Your QuickBooks Company File
Your job doesn’t get over after updating your QuickBooks software after updating the QuickBooks software, you also have to update your company files because the files you have currently will not be compatible to the newer version. In order to update your QuickBooks company files, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Log out from the QuickBooks company files
- From the main menu, go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open Company File
- Click on Next.
Note: Click on Local backup instead of Open Company File if you want to open a backup copy.
- Browse to the location of your company file and then click Open.
- Log in to the company file as an administrator.
- Select Update Now.
- Click on Done after the update process finishes.
If you are facing any issues while updating the QuickBooks software then you just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Upgrade Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.
QuickBooks provides you a variety of tools and features that makes the complex accounting tasks easy and accurate. However, the QuickBooks software is not free of errors and issues and they can pop-up any time and restrict you from working on the software. We have listed some of the most commonly faced issues and queries that we receive from thousands of QuickBooks users from across the globe and some of them are as follow:
- QuickBooks 2019 Canada Download Support
- Upgrade QuickBooks Premier to Enterprise
- QuickBooks 2019 With Payroll Download Support
- QuickBooks 2019 Accountant Download Support
- Upgrade QuickBooks pro to Enterprise
- QuickBooks 2019 Contractor Support
- QuickBooks 2019 Desktop Pro
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2015 to 2019
- QuickBooks Pro Upgrade
- QuickBooks 2019 Desktop System Requirements
- QuickBooks 2019 Enterprise Download
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2011 to 2019
- QuickBooks 2019 Error 1723
- QuickBooks 2019 Error Code H505
- QuickBooks 2019 Error 1712
- Upgrade QuickBooks 2013 to 2019
- QuickBooks 2019 Error 90029C4A
- QuickBooks 2019 Error H202
- QuickBooks 2019 Error 1904
- QuickBooks 2019 Has Stopped Working
- QuickBooks 2019 Not Sending Emails
- QuickBooks 2019 Uk Support
- QuickBooks 2019 Unrecoverable Error
- QuickBooks 2019 Vs 2017
- QuickBooks 2019 Vs 2016
Get QuickBooks Upgrade Support
When you upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest release, you get a wide range of newly added features that were not present in the previous versions. We’ve mentioned the newly added features in all the QuickBooks versions:
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier
- Check to Bill Pay
- Invoice Status Tracker
- Transfer credits
- Easy upgrade
- IIF Imports
- Accessibility Enhancements
- Data File Optimization
- Move QuickBooks to another Computer
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
- Data File Optimization
- Manage Payroll Permissions
- Enhanced Pick, Pack, and Ship
Updating your QuickBooks to the 2019 version is worth for your money because it enhances your accounting experience. If you want support to upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest release then we recommend you to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and get instant technical help from the certified ProAdvisors of Intuit.