QuickBooks is one of the most popular accounting software in the world. It comes with thousands of accounting benefits which makes managing your business easy and effective. With QuickBooks, you can record financial expenses, tax calculations, point of sale services, payroll and a lot more. However, it can also fall into some technical glitches that can restrict you from working on your accounts and QuickBooks Abort Error is one such error that randomly crashes the QuickBooks software and you lose all your work.
If you are also facing this issue then you this article will help you in resolving it as we are going to provide the steps to resolve QuickBooks Abort Error. You can also contact us at QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 if you want an instant resolution for your issues.
PRO TIP: It is highly recommended to regularly save your work because if your QuickBooks software crashes while you were working, you won’t lose your much data.
Reasons Behind The QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks Abort Error can be caused due to multiple causes and this error occurs randomly when you are working on your QuickBooks software. Your QuickBooks software suddenly stops working and you get the error message. The error can occur due to the following reasons:
- Damaged or missing INI file.
- Some Windows file in your system got damaged.
- The QuickBooks version you are using is outdated.
- You don’t have a valid subscription of Windows.
- Virus or malware attack is causing the error.
Fixing The QuickBooks Abort Error
QuickBooks requires a stable and strong network connection to run smoothly in your system. You can perform the following troubleshooting steps if you use QuickBooks in multi-user mode:
- Open QuickBooks and from the Files menu.
- Go to Utility > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
You may also get the QuickBooks Abort Error due to some third-party applications installed on your system that are preventing QuickBooks to run properly. Uninstall all the possible applications that can cause error this error. You can also try to update your QuickBooks software to the latest release as an outdated version can also cause this error. If you still get the same error then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Method 1: Antivirus And Firewall Settings
- Login to the Windows as an administrator.
- Open the Control Panel and go to System & Security.
- Right-tap on the antivirus and select Settings from the drop-down list and then press the Enter
- Check if the error is resolved or not. If not then move on to the next solution.
Method 2: Renaming The QBWUSER.ini File
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys.
- Navigate to the folder where the INI file is saved.
- Locate and right-click on the .INI file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Add .old at the end of the file name.
- Rename the .ecml file as well which present in the same folder.
- Try to run QuickBooks and if you still get same error then go to the next method.
Solution 3: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You might be getting the QuickBooks Abort Error due to damaged installation of the QuickBooks software or a Microsoft component is either missing or damaged. Using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will resolve the installation issues in QuickBooks and it will also repair the damaged Microsoft components. You can download the installation file of QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the official website Intuit.
- Install the tool in your system properly.
- Run it and start the scan.
- Wait for the process to get finished. It can take some time depending upon the speed of your system.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system and run QuickBooks.
If you still get the error then you can try to restore your file from a backup you created when the error was not occurring or you can reinstall QuickBooks as well.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and the error was resolved easily. You should now be able to run QuickBooks without any issue. However, in case if you are not able to resolve the error on your own then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get an instant resolution for all your QuickBooks issues.