QuickBooks Desktop comes with hundreds of accounting features and tools that allows you to manage your financial records. QuickBooks makes complex accounting process easy and affective. However, there can be some situations when your QuickBooks Desktop falls into various errors and issues due to which your work can get hamper and you may face some errors like “QuickBooks Couldn’t Open your Company File” when you try to open QuickBooks or QuickBooks company file.
You might be getting this error due to number of reasons and it is important for you to resolve is as soon as possible. If you are looking to resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue, then this article can be very helpful for you as we will be providing you the solution steps for this issue. In case, you require any kind of assistance from our technical support department then you can contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-396-0208.
Tip: You may get several opening issues if you click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon multiple times. You need to provide sufficient time to QuickBooks to load before continuing.
Causes Of QuickBooks Not Responding Issue
Major causes of the QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t start or won’t open issue are as given below:
- Insufficient access or permissions to open the QuickBooks software.
- Encrypted data available within the file.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged.
- Random power cut while working on your QuickBooks company file.
- You forcefully shut down your system when the QuickBooks was running.
- Some network or hardware issue.
- You tried to open QuickBooks by double-clicking on the QuickBooks icon from desktop.
- You are using an older or outdated version of QuickBooks.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Won’t Open Issue?
Solution 1: Download And Use The QBRefresher Tool
Sometimes you can face various issues when some of the running in the background. You can use the QBRefresher Tool that allows you to close all the QuickBooks processes, and performs a mini-repair to make sure that things work in a proper manner. Run this tool and then try to re-open your QuickBooks Desktop. You can download the QBRefresher tool by clicking on the following link:
Solution 2: Suppress The QuickBooks Desktop Application
If there are some damage in your QuickBooks company file, then you need to make sure the QuickBooks Desktop is working properly. QuickBooks tries to open your last company file that’s why it is important to isolate if QuickBooks or your company file working.
- Press and hold down the CTRL key and double-click on QuickBooks icon from the icon. Important: You shouldn’t release the CTRL key until the No Company Open window pops up on your screen or QuickBooks freezes or shows an error.
- Choose a QuickBooks company file and then click on Open.
Solution 3: Restart Your Computer
Restart your system to end all the processes and temporary data files that might be creating hassling your system resources. Now, try to open the QuickBooks after restarting.
Solution 4: Run the QBInstall Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is provided by Intuit that allows you to resolve the installation errors in the QuickBooks software. You just need to download and run QB Install Diagnostic Tool to fix errors that are occurring that you are getting while opening QuickBooks.
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool.
- Save the installation file to the local Desktop.
- Use the Task Manager to close all the running processes.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Note: The process may take up to 20 minutes to get finished that depends on your internet speed and system’s performance.
- Reboot your system once the process finishes. Now, try to open the QuickBooks software to check if the error is resolved.
Solution 5: Repair your QuickBooks Desktop Installation
You need to run a repair your QuickBooks software to replace all the damaged installation files.
Solution 6: Perform A Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
If you are not able to resolve the issue by following above steps then you need to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks. Reinstalling QuickBooks software is not just a process of uninstalling and installing software, but it means that you have to rename all the installation files as well.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Software
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks won’t open issue. Mostly the issue occurs if installation of your QuickBooks software is not proper. The solutions will surely be helpful for you. In case, if you couldn’t resolve the error by following the steps provided in this article then you can contact the support department of Intuit. You just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and you will be directly connected to one of our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor.