QuickBooks is one of the most sough-after accounting software that allows small and medium sized businesses in tracking their expenses, preparing invoices, managing financial statements and the payroll system, etc. However, users can sometimes face several issues as well such as the QuickBooks Error 1303.
QuickBooks Error 1303 is a common installation error that occurs when the installer has insufficient privileges to access the path to directory. This error occurs when you start the installation process but it couldn’t get completed.
This article will provide you a complete solution for QuickBooks Error Code 1303 that will help you out in resolving it and you will be able to install QuickBooks on your system then. To get instant solution for your issues, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-9112.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1303
Some of the factors that can lead to the QuickBooks Error 1303 are as given below:
- Installation source is either damaged or not healthy.
- QuickBooks version that you are trying to install is not compatible with your Windows OS.
- Antivirus software installed on your system is not allowing the installation process to get finished.
- You system doesn’t have enough space or your system doesn’t fulfill the minimum requirement to install QuickBooks.
- Virus or malware attack on your system.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1303
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Intuit provides you various tools and services that allows you to resolve various errors and issues. QuickBooks Install diagnostic tool is specially designed to resolve your installation issues. It checks if there is any internal issue due to which the error code 1303 is occurring.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool in your system properly.
- Run the file when installation finishes.
- Click on “I am having a problem installing QuickBooks” option and then click on OK.
- The tool will start to scan and repair the issues. It may take some time to finish. The time taken by the tool basically depends on the size of the issue and your system configuration.
Solution 2: Manually Change The Permissions For The System And Groups To Full Control
With QuickBooks, you can manually modify the permissions of Windows and that can be helpful for you in resolving the error.
- Make modifications in folders.
- Open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R.
- In the search box, type C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ and hit enter.
- Go to the Organize option and click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Security.
- Select the Advances tab and then click on Edit.
- Go through the list of permissions and then double-click on Full Control.
- Click on Allow and then OK.
- Repeat the same steps to provide full access to groups.
- Once you are done with is, mark the Replace all existing permissions.
- Click on OK on advanced security and again on Common Files properties window.
- Try to install QuickBooks Desktop and you should be able to install QuickBooks.
- Simple file sharing should be turned OFF
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R.
- Type RunDll32.exe shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0 in the search box and then press Enter.
- Navigate to the View tab and from the bottom of the tab, click on Advanced Settings.
- Unmark the Use simple file sharing option and click on OK.
- Try to install QuickBooks again.
QuickBooks Technical Support
The provided should help you out in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1303 and you will then be able to install QuickBooks on your system. However, if you are not able to resolve the issue or you having some issues while implementing the steps then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 and get your issues resolved immediately.