QuickBooks Error 1328 is a common update error in QuickBooks that occurs when you to download or install updates. In this article, we will help you in resolving this error with some manual steps. Here, you will get complete information about this error including resolution, causes and symptoms. If you require an instant solution for this issue or you are not sure about performing solution steps then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get complete solution.
QuickBooks is a user-friendly account software that saves you precious time and money. Updating QuickBooks is an important thing because it makes it more efficient and affective. However, you can face several errors or issues while updating QuickBooks as well and the error code 1328 is one of them. Follow the steps provided in this article to completely resolve this error.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks Update Error 1328 can pop-up on your screen while installing, updating or repairing QuickBooks Desktop. The files referenced in this error are similar to c:\config.msi\PT**.TMP but it shows as different ways on your screen.
Causes Of This Error
Most common reason for this error that you are installing a version with a different license number than the 2009 version which is installed currently. The main reason for this error is the .tmp files in the config.msi folder that restrict QuickBooks from completing the update.
There are multiple reasons for this error and some of them are as follow:
- Virus or malware attack has infected your QuickBooks files.
- QuickBooks company files are damaged.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software.
- Random power or network failure during the update process.
- Unstable internet connection is not allowing the update to get downloaded properly.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1328?
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1328 are as given below:
Method 1: Reinstall QuickBooks Using A Clean Install
Number of issues in QuickBooks occurs due to improper installation of QuickBooks software and to resolve these errors. Error code 1328 can also be faced due to improper installation of QuickBooks and reinstalling it may resolve the issue for you. Reinstalling QuickBooks using a clean install means uninstalling the current version of QuickBooks, renaming all the installation files and then installing QuickBooks again using a clean install. You can reinstall QuickBooks by following the below steps:
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type Control Panel in the search box and hit enter or click on OK.
- From the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features section.
- Locate QuickBooks from the installed program list and then click on Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the onscreen prompts from the installation wizard.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system.
Step 2: Rename The Installation Folders
You can use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool to rename all the existing installation files and folders related to the QuickBooks. It can also be done manually by changing name of all the names from the drive where QuickBooks was installed before.
Download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool:
- Download the QuickBooks clean install tool setup to save it on the desktop.
- Run the installation and accept the license agreement.
- Choose the QuickBooks version you are using and then click on Continue.
- When you get the message “QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory” then click on OK.
Manually rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders
Go to the folder options and unhide all the hidden files and folders and then rename all the folders listed for your version of Windows. You can add OLD or damaged at the end of the folder name. Doing this will eliminate all the possibilities of overwriting and the new installation of QuickBooks will easily create new installation folders.
Error: Access Denied When Renaming Folders
- Press CTRL + Shift + ESC keys to run the Task Manager
- Navigate to the Processes tab and sort the processes in alphabetical order by clicking on the image column header.
- From the running processes, select QBDBMgrN.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe, then click on End Process.
- Click on Yes to the warning message.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks By Doing Clean Installations
- Make sure that you have uninstalled QuickBooks properly.
- Now use a fresh installation source to start the installation process of QuickBooks.
- Follow the onscreen process and at the end, click on Finish.
- Provide your license number and product number to activate QuickBooks on your system.
Method 2: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is another tool provided by Intuit that helps you in resolving the installation issues in the QuickBooks Desktop. It also allows you to identify and resolve issues related to the .NET framework, MSXML, and C++. The install diagnostic tool can also be used to resolve various installation errors and some of them are as follow:
- Errors relating to damaged Microsoft .NET
- Framework Errors relating to damaged MSXML and C++
- Problem-related to opening QuickBooks Desktop such as QuickBooks has Stopped Working or unrecoverable errors
- You may have to re-register or reactivate QuickBooks Desktop
- You can consult your IT professional if you are not sure about performing the steps.
- You need to contact Microsoft support if you face any error while installing Windows update.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the installation file of QB Install Tool.
- Install the tool on your system.
- Close all the running processes and run QB Install Tool.
- The tool may take up-to 20 mins to complete the process depending upon the system and internet speed.
- Restart QuickBooks and then try to update QuickBooks again.
Solution 2: Download all the available Windows Updates
Solution 3: Resolve issues related to QuickBooks and Microsoft components manually or contact Microsoft support.
Solution 4: Install or uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup mode.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R keys.
- Type misconfig in the search box and hit enter or click on OK.
- Navigate to the General tab and select Normal Startup.
- Click on OK.
- Select Restart from System Configuration window.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Errors
The provided solutions will surely allow you to resolve QuickBooks Update Error 1328 and you will then be able to update your QuickBooks Desktop. In case, you are facing any kind of issue during the solution process or you couldn’t resolve this issue manually, you can connect with our technical support department as well. For this, you need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and you will be connected to our representative who will start assisting you about the issue.