QuickBooks Desktop comes with various features that helps you in managing accounts easily. However, along with so many plus points, there are several negative points as well and the errors in QuickBooks are one of the negative points of QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks comes with various errors from different categories and nature. QuickBooks Error 1402 is one such error that occurs while trying to use QuickBooks Payroll service in QuickBooks Desktop.
The error code pops-up on your screen along with the following error messages:
Error 1402: Could not open key [x].
If you are also facing QuickBooks Error 1402 while trying to work on QuickBooks Payroll, this article can be very helpful for you as we will be assisting you to resolve QuickBooks Error 1402 through manual steps. You can also contact our technical support department at QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 to get instant support.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1402
- Your QuickBooks company files are damaged.
- Windows Registry got corrupted due to some recent changes in QuickBooks.
- Installation and configuration files of QuickBooks are damaged.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Too much startup entries of programs and software.
- Some other hardware malfunctions.
- You are using an outdated version of Payroll tax table.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1402?
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1402 are as given below:
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open an internet browser and browse to intuit.com.
- Download the exe file and run the installation process.
- Once the installation finishes, run the tool and the tool will automatically scan and resolve the detected issues.
- Restart your computer to save changes.
Solution 2: Change Windows User Account Control (UAC)
For Windows 8 Users:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- In the search field, type msc and hit enter to open the Local Users and Account Manage
- Choose the user that has the administrator access and provide the admin credentials if required.
- Open Properties and then select Admin Account.
- If the Account is Disabled checkbox is marked, remove the checkmark from there.
- Restart your system and then login with admin rights.
- Now try to use QuickBooks Payroll again.
For Windows 8 Users
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Go to Manage Another Account option
- Click on Create a New Account enter all the required information.
- Select Create Account and close the window.
- Restart your system
- Login to the system using the user you just created.
- Try to install QuickBooks again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1402 and you should now be able to work on your company files. In case you still get the same error, contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 and get instant QB support.