With QuickBooks, managing accounts and performing complex accounting tasks has become easy and now even a small firm can enjoy the accounting services without having to hire an entire team of accountants. However, to run QuickBooks smoothly, you need to update your QuickBooks whenever there’s an update released by Intuit. But sometimes you can face issues during the update process and most of the time the errors faced during the updates comes from the QuickBooks 15000 error series. QuickBooks Error 15106 is one such error that hinders the update process of QuickBooks Desktop and payroll tax table.
In this article, we will be discussing about the causes and possible solutions for QuickBooks Error Code 15106. In case if you want any kind of assistance from our certified ProAdvisors then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and get an instant solution for your issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks 15106
The error code 15107 occurs while trying to update and it says:
The update program cannot be opened
To resolve the error, you need to know about the causes due to which the error is occurring so that you will be able to work on that areas. Some of the main causes of QuickBooks Update Error 15106 are:
- Unstable internet connection
- You are not following appropriate guidelines to download the updates.
- Time and date of your system is incorrect.
- Firewall application is not allowing the update to process as it is identifying it as a threat to your system.
- Antivirus software is creating hindrance in the process.
- QuickBooks Company Files are damaged.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- You are not logged in to system as an administrator.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 15106
Steps to resolve QuickBooks 15106 are as given below:
Pro Tip: Before you perform the solution steps for this error, log into your system with administrator rights and then try to update QuickBooks again. If the error still persist, move on to the following solutions.
Step 1: Stop Your Antivirus Application And Rename Folders
Note: If you don’t have any antivirus software installed on your system then you don’t have to perform this solution and you can jump to the steps 2 directly.
- Open the Task Manager on your screen by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
- From the Processes tab, locate [Antivirus].exe and then click on End Process.
- Now, you have to rename your QuickBooks Update folder by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks(year)\Components. For 64-bit users, go to C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\Quickbooks(year)\Components.
- Locate and right-click on downloadqbXX folder and then click on Rename from the drop-down menu. (XX refers to the version of your QuickBooks.)
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and hit enter.
- Try to update your QuickBooks software again.
Step 2: Turn Off User Account Control
- Open the Control Panel and then go to User Accounts.
- Click on User Accounts (Classic View).
- Click on Change user account control settings (Note: If you get any prompt from UAC, click on Yes to proceed).
- Move the slider.
- Set to Never Notify and click OK to turn UAC OFF
- Set to Always Notify and click on OK to turn UAC ON (Note: If you get any prompt from UAC, click on Yes to proceed).
- Restart the computer.
Step 3: Perform A Clean Install In Selective Startup
- Open the Run Command by pressing the Windows + R
- Type msconfig in the search field and then click on OK or hit enter.
- Navigate to the General tab and then click on Selective startup and Load system services.
- Navigate to the Services tab and from there, click on Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Click on Disable all.
- Remove check-marks from the Hide all Microsoft Services
- Validate the list of services and make sure that the Windows Installer checkbox is marked. If not then do it and then click on OK.
- Select Restart from the System Configuration
Now, your system may take some time to open up but once it opens, you can install, uninstall or reinstall QuickBooks easily.
Resolve QuickBooks Update Errors
The provided solutions will help you out in resolving the QuickBooks Error 15106 with ease. It is a common update error but it can hinder the update process and that can be very frustrating for you. With the help of this article, we have covered almost every possible solution for this update error and these steps can also be implemented for other update errors from 15000 & 12000 error series. In case, if you could not resolve the error manually then you can connect with our QuickBooks Support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and get all your issues resolved immediately.