QuickBooks is a powerful accounting software that provides you an end to end accounting solutions for all kind of businesses. However, to use QuickBooks to its fullest, you need to update it on a regular basis. Updating QuickBooks software also keeps your data healthy and avoid any possible data damage. But there can be situations when you can face several issues while updating QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Error 15107 is one such error that can restrict you from updating QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll application.
In this article, we will be providing you the steps to resolve the error code 15107 through manual steps. In case you require any kind of assistance at any point of time, you can dial QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get instant support.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15107
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some recent changes in your QuickBooks software.
- You are not following appropriate guidelines to update QuickBooks.
- You forcefully canceled a recent update.
- Firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks to connect with the Intuit update.
- Virus or malware infection has corrupted your database.
- QuickBooks Company File is damaged.
Resolve QuickBooks Error 15107
Before you move onto the actual solution steps, it is advised to reboot your system and try to update QuickBooks once again because the error can also occur due to some temporary issues and restarting system can resolve the issue. If you still get the same issue, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- From the Start menu, type .bat and hit enter.
- Now, open the command prompt and you will get a number of various file names on your screen.
- Wait for a while and the bat utility will run. Once, the process finishes, you will get a task completed.
- If you see more than one installation of QuickBooks on your system, you will see multiple copies of reboot.bat file. If this is the situation, you have to choose the correct file which is related to the actual installation of QuickBooks in which the error is occurring.
- Close QuickBooks and use the Task Manager to close other background processes.
- Open the Windows Explorer and then go to the location C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooksXXXX\Components (xxxx refers to the version of QuickBooks)
- Locate the DownloadQBxx
- Now, run QuickBooks again and from the main menu, go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now.
- Put a checkmark on the Reset Updates
- Click on Get Updates to download the latest QuickBooks updates.
- Wait for the process to get finished and then restart your system.
- Run QuickBooks and from the Install Updates dialog box, click on Yes.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 15107 and you should now be able to update your QuickBooks Desktop or payroll tax table without any issue. However, there can be situation when the error can become unrecoverable if you don’t resolve it soon. If you are also going through such situation, it is important for you to connect with a QuickBooks Expert. For this, you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get instant technical support.