QuickBooks Error 15311 is an update error that occurs while updating your QuickBooks or the payroll tax table. It is a part of 15xxx series and considered as a run time error that crashes the current window. You may notice that your system starts to get freeze and responds to your command bit slowly.
The error is mostly reported in the current scenarios when users are trying to update their QuickBooks 2016 version to QuickBooks 2019 version. You can resolve the error code 15311 by manual procedure if you perform the steps provided in this article properly. You can also get in touch with the QuickBooks Support Department to avail an instant solution for your issues.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 15311
- Damaged or improper installation of QuickBooks software
- Your system or QB files get corrupted due to malware or antivirus infection.
- A third-party application mistakenly removed some important QuickBooks related files
- Unstable internet connection
- Power or network failure
- Windows registry gets damaged due to some recent changes in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 15311 is a part of 15000 error code series in QuickBooks which is related to the update issues in QuickBooks. This error occurs while updating QuickBooks Desktop or downloading a payroll update. QuickBooks Error Code 15311 is a run time error and it crashes the active window. Your computer and QuickBooks software starts to freeze and system responds slowly to your commands.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 15311
There are basically two different ways through which you can tackle the error code 15311. First one is installing a digital signature and the second one is verifying internet connection QuickBooks settings. These solutions will resolve your issue easily.
Solution 1: Installing a digital signature certificate
Note: You must be logged in to your system with Administrator
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys
- Navigate to the folder C:\Program File\Intuit\quickbooks.
- Right click on the file with .exe
- From the drop down list, click on Properties
- Navigate to the Digital Signature tab
- Check if the Intuit, Inc is selected in the signature list.
- Tap on Details
- Select View Certificate from the new window
- You will be taken to the certificate window and you have to select Install Certificate from there
- Click on Next and then Finish
- Restart your system
- Try to perform the update process again to see if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Verify internet connection and QuickBooks settings
Note: Internet Explorer should be set as your default browser. If not then do it
- Set the accurate time and date in your system. Also set the correct time zone
- Check if the cipher is below 128 bit or not. If yes then it means that your IE browser is damaged and you have contact the Microsoft support.
- Navigate to Files > Properties and then check the bit number from connection
- Update the settings to as required
- Go to Tools > Internet Option
- From the General tab, select the Delete
- Mark the temporary internet files and then select Delete
- From the Connection tab, go to the LAN Settings
- Now, under the Advanced tab, the Use SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 should be marked and TLS 1.2 should not be checked. Perform this step as required.
- Now, try to run the update again
QuickBooks Upgrade Support
The provided two solutions should help you in tackling the QuickBooks Error 15311 easily. These steps are specially recommended by Intuit because so many people have reported this particular error when they were trying to upgrade their QuickBooks software from 2016 version to 2019 version. If the QuickBooks Error 15311 couldn’t get resolved manually then you can try to uninstall QuickBooks and then install it through a fresh source. It can also resolve the issue because the error might have occurred due to damaged QuickBooks installation.
If the QuickBooks Error Code 15311 is still around then the last thing that you can do is contacting the QuickBooks ProAdvisors of getsupportphonenumber.us by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.