In this article, we will be doing an in-depth analysis of QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 and 1642. We will also provide you the basic solution steps to resolve these errors.
QuickBooks is one of the most popular software in accounting world as it shares more than 80% market of accounting software in the US. It provides a large number of account features and services such as payroll, tracking inventory, sales tax, managing income and expenses etc. However, you can face some errors or issues in the software as well because it is considered as a software which is prone to errors. However, you still don’t have to worry at all because you can connect with the Intuit QuickBooks Support department which can be reached at any point of time.
QuickBooks comes with hundreds of features and along with those features, you get some errors as well. Most of the errors in QuickBooks represents a different kind of errors and they have various categories such as installation errors, update errors, company file errors, sync errors etc. This article will help you out in resolving the common installation errors that doesn’t allow you to install or uninstall QuickBooks on your computer.
QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or 1642 may have different names but all these errors are common in nature. Their causes, symptoms and resolutions are similar so if you are facing any of the three errors, you can perform the steps provided in this article. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 of you want an instant support for QuickBooks.
What Is QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 & 1642?
QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or QuickBooks 1642 are installation errors and restricts the installation process. You can get the following error message while installing QuickBooks Desktop:
- Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible
- Error 1603: There was a problem installing Microsoft .NET Framework [version]
- Error 1603: The update installer has encountered an internal error
- Error 1642: Error installing Microsoft .NET Framework when installing QuickBooks
Pro Tip: Before moving onto the solution steps, you can use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool that can be helpful in resolving the common installation errors. If the error is still around then follow the steps mentioned in this article.
Causes Of The QuickBooks Error 1602, 1603 And 1642
Common causes of QuickBooks Error 1602, 1603 & 1642 are as given below:
- Damaged MS Windows Installer which is not allowing you to install QuickBooks.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks.
- The source you are using to install QuickBooks is damaged.
- Corrupted Windows Installer.
- The Windows user doesn’t have enough rights to install QuickBooks or make any changes to it.
- Misconfigured firewall settings are restricting the update process.
- Your computer is under a Virus or Malware attack.
How To Repair QuickBooks Error Code 1602, 1603 And 1642?
If You Get Error While Installing QuickBooks
QuickBooks is developed using a complex algorithm and you need various components to run QuickBooks properly such as Microsoft .NET Framework. You need to integrate QuickBooks software with the components to work smoothly. The installation errors in QuickBooks can occur if any of the component gets missing or damaged.
If the .NET Framework is damaged or missing then you need to perform the steps mentioned below in order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1602, 1603 and 1642:
- Install and run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Check for all the Windows updates and install them if they are available.
- Check for all the Windows Drivers updates and install them if they are available.
- Repair the .NET Framework manually or contact the Microsoft support.
The above-mentioned steps should help you out in resolving the QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 or 1642 if the error is occurring due to damaged MS .NET Framework.
If You Get Error While Updating QuickBooks
If the error is occurring while updating your QuickBooks software, then just reinstalling the software won’t help. You are supposed to uninstall the QuickBooks software completely, rename all existing QB files and then install QuickBooks using a fresh source. It is highly recommended to use a fresh installation source because it is possible that the source is damaged, and you are getting the error due to that only. This whole process is known as Clean install of QuickBooks.
- Uninstall QuickBooks by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R
- Type Control Panel in the search box and click on OK or hit enter.
- Go to the Programs and Features
- Locate QuickBooks from the installed program list and click on Uninstall.
- You will get an installation wizard. You need to perform all the onscreen prompts to uninstall it properly.
- Rename all the old Installation folders. You just need to add OLD at the end of the name.
- Install QuickBooks using a fresh source. It can be through a CD or a downloaded setup.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Installation Errors
You should easily be able to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1601, 1603 And 1642 easily. These steps can also be implemented to resolve other installation errors. Now, you should be able to install, uninstall or update QuickBooks Desktop without any issue. In case if you are not able to get rid of the error by following the provided steps or you have some doubts then you can simply contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-36-0208 and get instant support for QuickBooks.