QuickBooks is a powerful accounting and effective software that provide high-tech accounting solutions and keeps your set of books up to date. One of the best things about QuickBooks software that it can easily be integrated with most of the third-party applications that allows you grow your business. However, there are several errors and issues in the QuickBooks software as well that can put your work on halt. One such error is QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 which is considered as a banking error in QuickBooks. It occurs when you try to use online banking services from QuickBooks. This error only persist in the older or outdated versions of QuickBooks and it basically indicates that you need to upgrade your QuickBooks software to the latest release.
This article will provide you the best solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 16638 85757. In case you require any kind of assistance at any point of time, you can contact our support department at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1866-656-1012 toll-free.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
- Your QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- You tried to open your company file over a network connection instead of local drive on your computer.
- QuickBooks Desktop is having some issues with the banking services of your financial institution.
- Some internal errors and issues in your Operating System.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 16638 85757
As we have already mentioned that the error code 16638 85757 occurs only in the older versions of QuickBooks so updating QuickBooks to the latest release will simply resolve the issue. If you face the same issue even after updating QuickBooks, you can resolve the error by following some guidelines provided by Intuit. You can also perform these solutions if you don’t prefer to update your QuickBooks software for now. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 are as given below:
- Try to open your QuickBooks Company File on which the error is occurring.
- Check out the path of your QuickBooks company file and make sure that the file path is attempting to locate your company file is the as your company file location mentioned on the Product Information window.
- To open the Product Information window, you need to open QuickBooks and then press the F2 key from your keyboard.
If your company file is stored over a network, you can perform the following steps to resolve the error code 16638 85757:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E and navigate to the folder where the company file is located.
- Copy your QuickBooks Company File and paste on your local system.
- Contact your financial institution to repair your online banking function.
- If the error is still around, it means your QuickBooks company file is damaged and you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve data damages on your company file.
How To Verify The Company File?
QuickBooks Desktop comes various utilities and Verify utility is one of them. This utility allows you to identify the damages on your data files. It is highly recommended by Intuit to perform Verify and Rebuild utility on a regular basis to keep your data secured. To verify the company file, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Utilities > Verify Data.
- This will start the verification process. If there are some issues identified in this article, it will display on your screen.
- If there are no issues detected, it will display No Issue Found message on your screen. Click on OK if there no issue found.
- If there some errors identified, you will be asked to Rebuild your data.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 16638 85757 and should now be able to use online banking services in QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you couldn’t resolve the error manually or you are facing any kind of issue during the process, you can connect with our support department. For this you just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and get your issues resolved.