QuickBooks Error 1712 is a common installation error in QuickBooks Desktop application. It restricts you from installing the QuickBooks software. Usually, the error occurs when you try to install QuickBooks using a damaged source.
This article will provide you the complete information about the QuickBooks Error Code 1712 so that you can install your QuickBooks software properly. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get an instant solution for your QuickBooks errors and issues.
QuickBooks Error 1712: Fault
You can face some other issues as well due to the QuickBooks Error Code 1712 and some of them are as follow:
- The screen turn blue when this error occurs
- You might face difficulties in shutting down the computer.
- Input/output error can be faced
- HTTP error may also occur
Causes Of Error 1712
- Installation source is damaged.
- A restriction is occurring between QuickBooks and your system. It might be happening due to the antivirus software.
- The error might be occurring because you installed or uninstalled a program but it required a reboot of your system. The error can also occur because you are trying to install QuickBooks in a corrupted folder.
- QuickBooks is already installed on your system and you are trying to install it in the same location.
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some recent changes.
- Virus or malware attack has infected your data files.
Troubleshoot And Fix The Error
QuickBooks Error Code 1712 restrict you from installing or uninstalling the QuickBooks software and that can be very frustrating for you. This error needs to be resolved as soon as possible because it can lead to several other issues as well. You can also contact the QuickBooks Customer Service Number +1888-382-9112 if you want an instant solution for your issues.
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks Installation Error 1712 are as given below:
Solution 1: Put an end to the error at the task manager
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.
- Navigate to the Processes tab and locate QuickBooks from the running processes.
- Click on End Process and then click on OK to the confirmation message.
- Now restart your system and then check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks software after download it
- Download in installation file of QuickBooks or use a CD to install QuickBooks.
- Now, from the Start menu, type ‘exe’ and hit enter to open the registry editor.
- Follow the below mentioned path in ‘Regedit’:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Double-click on App Data to expand it.
- Replace the original value of the profile.
- Restart your system to make changes and then try to install QuickBooks again.
Solution 3: The error 1712 can also be fixed with QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Open an internet browser and navigate to the official website of Intuit.
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool setup file.
- Close all the running processes using Task Manager and then run the installation of QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once the installation finishes, run the tool.
- Now, click on “I am having a problem installing QuickBooks” option.
- Click on OK.
- Wait for the process to get finished as it can take some time depending upon the issue and your system configuration.
- Once the process finishes, restart your computer.
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 1712 and you should now be able to install QuickBooks on your system again. However, in case if you could not resolve the error manually or you are having some queries related to the solution of this error, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to avail instant technical services for your QuickBooks software.