QuickBooks Error 1920 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks that falls under the category of Installation errors. It restricts you from installing or updating the QuickBooks software. If you are also facing the same issue and you want a permanent solution for this error then this article can be a bit helpful for you. The error code 1920 in QuickBooks occurs when you try to install or uninstall the QuickBooks software or when you try to update your QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error 1920 generally occurs when the QuickBooks Database Manager scans the installed hard drives to establish a connection between the company files. The Database Manager tries to get access a drive but failed to do so and shows up the error code 1920. If you want an instant support for your QuickBooks Error 1920 then you can connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1920
- Some technical issues with your system
- Improper installation of QuickBooks software
- Windows registry got corrupted
- Virus or malware attack has infected your database
- Some important QuickBooks related files were deleted by a third-party application
How To Resolve QuickBooks Database Installation Error 1920
Follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1920:
Solution 1: Rename The QuickBooks Desktop File
- Change the name of the QuickBooks Company File
- Run the QuickBooks software and then open the QuickBooks company file
- Press the F2 key to open the Product Information window
- Note down the folder location of the QuickBooks company file and close QuickBooks
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys and go to the location of the QuickBooks company file.
- Locate the QuickBooks Company file (.QBW) and right-click on the same
- Select the Rename option from the drop-down list
- Provide a new name to the company file
- If you get a confirmation message, click on Yes
Solution 2: Check The Recently Installed Security software
- Remove or disable the Antivirus or any security software installed in your system
- Configure the firewall settings or you can disable it by going into the Windows Firewall settings.
- Open the Task Manager and close all the running processes.
- If the security software is not interfering in the installation or update process
- Uninstall all the third-party applications that you’ve installed recently.
Support For QuickBooks Error 1920
Hopefully, the steps provided in this article were helpful for you and you are able to get rid of the error code 1920 in QuickBooks. However, in case if you couldn’t resolve the error by following the steps mentioned in this article then it is quite possible that installation of QuickBooks software is damaged. You can resolve the damaged installation issues by using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool. If you still can’t resolve the issue then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and get an instant support for QuickBooks.