QuickBooks Desktop accounting software is a powerful accounting software but sometimes you may face several errors and issues that can put your work on halt. There are various error categories that indicates a particular type of error. The 6000 error series in QuickBooks represents company file issues in QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 is a part of 6000 series that occurs when you try to open or modify your QuickBooks company file.
This error restrict you from opening and working on QuickBooks company file and show you the error code 6000 82 along with the following error message:
An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6000 82
- Company file is damaged.
- Your QuickBooks company file is not present in the folder from where QuickBooks is trying to access it.
- QuickBooks company file is not stored on the network.
- Damaged data source name
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 6000 82
Solution 1: Remove spaces from the company name
- Close your company file from all workstations.
- Go to the folder where your company file is located.
- Right-click on your company file and select Rename.
- Remove spaces from your QuickBooks company file.
- Try to open or create a new company file.
Solution 2: Turn off hosting where QuickBooks is installed
For single user access:
- Open QuickBooks and from the File menu, go to Utilities > Stop Hosting Multiple User.
- On the confirmation message, select Yes.
For multiple user access:
- Run QuickBooks on each workstation on which the error is occurring.
- Click on the No Company Open window and select your company file.
- Now, from the File menu, go to File > Utilities.
- If the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, it means that hosting is enabled on that system. You need to disable it because only one system can host your company file at a time.
- Select Stop Hosting Multiple User Access on all the system where you see this option.
- Perform onscreen prompts on every system.
- Try to open the company file again
Solution 3: For Multiple User access, switch to Hosting local and Remote files mode
- Run QuickBooks and then open the Product Information window by pressing the F2
- Now go to the Local Server Information window and set hosting to Local files only.
- Now, switch to Multiple User mode
- Try to open your QuickBooks Company File on the server and open Product Information window again.
- Ensure that the hosting is set to local files only.
Resolve Company File Errors In QuickBooks
Hopefully you manage to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 and you should be able to work on your QuickBooks company file. However, if you couldn’t resolve the error or you are having issues while resolving the error, you can connect with the support department of Intuit. For this you need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 and get instant solution for your issues.