If we talk about the accounting software from across the globe, QuickBooks can be given the title of best accounting software among all. It comes with hundreds of accounting feature and with a simple and user-friendly interface that makes accounting easy and accurate. However, like any other software, QuickBooks also has some errors and issues because it contains a large amount of data. QuickBooks can fall into errors and issues due to multiple reasons. QuickBooks Error 6006 is one such error which is a part of QuickBooks 6000 error series. It basically occurs when you try to sync your QuickBooks company file but your file is not compatible with the QuickBooks version installed in your system and you get the following error message:
“QuickBooks files are incompatible”
This is a common company file error in QuickBooks Desktop that can easily be resolved by following some guidelines provided by Intuit itself. In this article, we have provided the possible causes and solution steps for the error code 6006. Following the steps will surely remove the QuickBooks Error 6006 and you will be able to work on your company file. In case, you are not sure about performing the steps, you can reach out to our support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-9112.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6006
Some of the most common causes of QuickBooks Error 6006 are as given below:
- You didn’t perform a system reboot after reinstalling QuickBooks.
- Setup for another program is already running which is restricting QuickBooks to get installed.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation disk.
- CD or DVD drive is having some issues.
- Insufficient storage space in your hard drive.
- RAM doesn’t have enough space
- Damaged or incomplete installation of QuickBooks Dekstop.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Windows installation issues
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6006?
- Reboot your system and use the Administrator user to log into the system.
- Try to install the QuickBooks software through a trusted source.
- If you still get the same error check the GAURD1PLUS CD
- Make sure that your CD or DVD drive is functioning properly. If not, contact your IT expert.
- Remove all the irrelevant space and make sure that minimum of 1.5 GB space is available in your hard drive.
- Run the Task Manager and close all the running processes.
- Close the System Tray to create space in your RAM and processor.
- From the File Explorer, go to folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield.
- Right-click on the InstallShield file and select Rename from the drop down options.
- Add the word OLD at the end of the file name. For example: InstallShieldOLD
- Use the DiskCleanup app to remove the system junk and temporary files.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using clean install.
- Install all the available Windows and drivers updates.
Get Solution For QuickBooks Desktop Issues
The provided solutions should allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6006 and you should now be able to work on your QuickBooks company file. We have already mentioned that the error code comes under the QuickBooks 6006 error series. You need to resolve this error as soon as possible to avoid any kind of critical issues in the future. Following the steps in this article will help you in getting rid of this error but in case, you couldn’t resolve the error manually or you are having some doubts in any of the step, you can reach to our technical support department for help. You can connect with us by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 and get your issues resolved instantly.