QuickBooks Error 61 generally occurs due to the corrupted company file or some issues with the hardware. Here are possible scenarios in which the error code 61 can occur:
- Uninstalling windows
- Opening an account
QuickBooks Error Code 61 is a common data damage error that restricts you from opening your QuickBooks company file. This article will provide you the complete resolution for the QuickBooks Error 61. If you can an instant solution for your QuickBooks issues then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-621-5491.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 61
- Incorrect framework activities.
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some recent changes made in the QuickBooks software.
- Malware or virus attack has infected your database.
- Random power failure of the framework.
- Some important frameworks are missing.
- QuickBooks could not perform the regular activities of a framework or application section.
Resolving QuickBooks Error Code 61
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Utility > Rebuild Data.
- Click on OK if you are asked to create a back up of your company file.
- You need to wait for a while the backup is being created. You may also get QuickBooks not responding message during the process.
- Once the Rebuild process is done, click on OK.
- Open the Chart of Accounts window and then mark the Include Inactive.
- You will get a confirmation message stating; ‘Are you sure you want to return this list to its original order?’ You have to click on OK.
- Use the Verify utility to check the health of your company file.
- If you see any error, you need to go to the next solution.
- When you merge the damaged company file in new account, you will be asked to create a new account.
- Try to open your QuickBooks company file to make sure that the error is resolved.
- Download the installation files of Reimage Repair Tool in your system.
- Run the set up file to install the tool.
- You will be prompted to run the program through Client Account Control and you have to click on OK.
- Install the Reimage Repair Tool on your system.
- You should have a stable internet connection to install and update Reimage Repair Tool.
- The Reimage Repair tool will start to sweep to system to check the health of your system and installed applications.
- You will be shown all the damages and issues that are there on your system. You will also provided the recommendations to resolve all those damages.
- Click on Start Repair to start the process.
- Once the process finishes, you should be able to get rid of the error easily.
- Restart your system and then try to open QuickBooks company file.
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Open or Restore Company > Open Company File.
- Click on Next.
- Locate your company file from the folder and then click on Open.
- Perform the on-screen prompts when you get the Move the File
- Note down the information available in Update Company File for New Version.
- Click on the Update Now option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When you get the confirmation message that says ‘You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue?’ click on Yes.
- Once the process finishes, create a copy your backed up QuickBooks company file.
- Now, restart your system and try to open QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved or not.
Contact Us For Support
The provided solutions should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 61 easily. The error may become unrecoverable if you don’t address it soon and you can lose all your data as well. If you are not able to resolve the error on your own, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 to get an instant solution for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.