QuickBooks software has become one of the most important parts of millions of businesses from across the globe. QuickBooks has been proving its worth from over the years and satisfied a large number of users. It comes with hundreds of accounting features that makes accounting easy and affective. However, it has various bugs and errors that can occur while doing any task for your business. QuickBooks Error 6123 is one such error that generally occurs due to interrupted or lost connection of QuickBooks Desktop and Company File.
QuickBooks Error 6123 is a common company file error and as it reflects, it is also a part of the 6xxx error series. If you are also facing this error and looking for a permanent solution then this article will surely be helpful for you. We will be providing you the solution steps for QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0 so that you can resolve it manually and work on your QuickBooks company file.
When the error code pops up on your screen, it comes with a description that says:
Main Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6123
- System where the QuickBooks files are hosted has lost connection to the workstations.
- Some internet connectivity issues.
- The hosing system is either in hibernation mode or standby mode.
- Firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks company file to be accessed by QuickBooks.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Improper installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
Resolution Of QuickBooks Error 6123
QB Error Code 6123 is a company file error but it is commonly reported in two situations and they are as follow:
- Error -6123,0 while opening or upgrading your company file
- Error -6123,0 while restoring your company file
We will be providing you the solutions for both the situations and you to resolve this error, you need to be aware of the situation when you are getting this error.
If You Get Error -6123,0 While Opening Or Upgrading Your Company File
Step 1: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QB Tool Hub allows you to resolve common data damage errors. Note: QuickBooks should not be running while using the tool hub.
You can download the QuickBooks Tool Hub by clicking on the following link:
- Click on the above button to download installation file of QB Tools Hub. Save the file to a location from where you can easily locate it later.
- Run the file and follow onscreen prompts to install the tool.
- Once the installation finishes, run the tool.
Note: If the file couldn’t be located then you can search for QuickBooks Tools Hub in the Start menu.
Step 2: Run QuickFix My Program
- Run the QB Tools Hub and then click on Program Problems
- Click on QuickFix my Program. It may take a few minutes to run. The tool can take a longer time if there are multiple installations of QuickBooks is present on your system.
- Once the QuickFix my Program process finishes, run QuickBooks and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Step 3: Run File Doctor
If QuickFix my Program couldn’t resolve the issue then you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair the damages on your QuickBooks company file. This tool helps you in resolving common QuickBooks Data issues.
- From the QB Tools Hub, click on Company File Issues.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In the QB File Doctor Tool, select your company file from the drop-down options.
- If the file couldn’t be located, then click on Browse to find your QuickBooks company file. The file will look like this: [your company name].qbw.
- Click on Check your file and then click on Continue.
- Provide the QuickBooks admin password and then click on Continue. The File Doctor Tool will start to scan and repair your company file. It can take some time depending upon the size of your company file.
- Once the repairing process finishes, choose your company file from the list and click on Open QuickBooks.
If the file is opening without any issue then it means that the error is now resolved. We recommend you create a backup of your QuickBooks company file if you can open the company file.
If the error code -6123,0 is still occurring even after using the File Doctor then you still don’t have to worry because your data is probably safe. You access your company file, you need to contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-396-0208.
If You Get Error -6123, 0 While Restoring Your Company File
If you are trying to restoring the backup of your company file then you need to save these files to your local hard drive before you open it. If you have stored it on an external drive or an online storage then we don’t recommend you to open the files.
If the error code 6123, 0 occurs when you try to restore a backup on a new system then you have to try to create an restore a portable copy.
- Run QuickBooks on the system that you used to create backup of your company file.
- Open the QuickBooks Company File from QuickBooks (not the backup).
- Now, you need to create a portable company file of your company file.
- Run QuickBooks on the new system.
- Restore your file by using the same portable file.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Errors
The provide solutions should be helpful for you and hopefully you are able to resolve the error easily. As we have already said that it is a company file error and that’s why it becomes important for you to resolve it as soon as possible because if you don’t fix it soon then it may become unrecoverable and there are chances that you can even lose your complete data. If the error couldn’t get resolved then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and get your issues resolved on the go.