Number of QuickBooks users have encountered the QuickBooks Error 6150 while opening the QuickBooks company file. If you are also facing the same issue and you are not able to open the QuickBooks Company File it can be a bit difficult for you to work. This article will help you in resolving the error code 6150 in QuickBooks. You can also connect with our technical department through the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number For USA +1888-382-9112.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 6150
- Corrupt or damaged QuickBooks company file
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks software
- Trying to open a .qbm file without opening the QuickBooks software.
- Extension of QuickBooks company file was mistakenly changed
- Trying to save the QuickBooks MAC file using QuickBooks for Windows.
- Virus or malware infection
How To Fix The QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
- If the error is occurring due to the file-extension then you need to provide the right extension for company file which is .QBW (Filename.qbw)
- Check if the file is opening on another device or not.
- Re-install QuickBooks if the file is not updated.
- You need to save QuickBooks for Mac in Mac system and QuickBooks for Windows for WOS
- Use a good antivirus software to scan the files
If the QuickBooks Error 6150 is still around, navigate to the below-mentioned steps:
Method 1: Restore from backup
- Run QuickBooks
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company
- Select Restore a backup copy and then click on Next
- Select Local Backup and then click on Next
- Browse to the location of the Company file
- Click on Backup
- Click on Open and then Next
- Select the location where you want to save the restored backup file and then click on OK
- Provide a new name to the company file and check if the file is automatically saved with .QBW extension.
- Click on Yes
Method 2: Create a new QuickBooks file from scratch
- Open QuickBooks and from the No Company Open window, click on Create a new Company
- Go to the QuickBooks Setup Window and provide the required information
- Click on Create Company and start working on the company file.
The above provided steps will help you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6150 manually. If you are not able to resolve the error code 6150 then you are recommended to get in touch with the technical support department of getsupportphonenumber via the top-rated QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112. Once you call us, you will be directly connected to one of our Intuit certified ProAdvisor who will make sure that all the error that are occurring in your QuickBooks gets resolved and your experience our top QuickBooks Support Services.