QuickBooks is a robust accounting software for all sizes and natures of businesses. It allows you to manage your accounts properly and provide require boost to your business. However, sometimes it can fall into several errors and issues that can put a negative impact on your workflow and can even affect your business. One such error is QuickBooks Error 7149 which is considered as a run time error in QuickBooks. It generally occurs when some QB related files or your company file gets damaged or when there are some errors in Windows Registry. The current running window crashes when the error occurs and shows up the following error message:
“Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience”
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 7149
- QuickBooks Error 7149 along with a description occurs on your screen.
- Running window crashes
- QuickBooks doesn’t respond.
- QuickBooks keeps freezing.
- QuickBooks won’t open
- System starts to freeze
Causes Of QuickBooks Error 7149
- Installation of QuickBooks Desktop wasn’t done appropriately.
- Damaged or corrupt installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some recent changes in QuickBooks.
- Virus or malware infection on your system
- Some technical issues with your operating system.
Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 7149
Before moving onto the solution steps, make sure that you are logged into the system as an administrator. Perform the steps provided in this section to resolve QuickBooks Error 7149:
- Repair or Reinstall QuickBooks
- From the Start menu, go to Control Panel.
- Go to the Program and Feature
- Locate QuickBooks from the installed programs list.
- Select QuickBooks and click on Uninstall.
- On the installation wizard, you will have two options, Uninstall and Repair. Click on Uninstall.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system.
If the error is still around even after repairing QuickBooks, you need to reinstall QuickBooks using clean install.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor and repair windows registry keys related to QuickBooks.
- Use your Antivirus and perform a full fledge scan of your system.
- Remove all the identified threats.
- Now, disable your antivirus on your system and then try to open your and work on your QuickBooks software.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 7149 and you should now be able to work on your QuickBooks Company File. However, if you couldn’t resolve the error manually, you can connect with the support department of Intuit by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 and get your issues resolved.