QuickBooks Error C=1304 generally occurs while installing or updating the QuickBooks software. The error hinders the update or installation process and shows the following error message:
Error writing to file (filename)
As we’ve already mentioned that the error code hinders the update process of QuickBooks Desktop. You already know that it the QuickBooks 2016 version is getting discontinued from 31st May 2019 version and it is compulsory for the 2016 version users to upgrade their software to the latest release. But if you face the error code C=1304 while updating the QuickBooks software then it can be a bit frustrating for you. In such scenarios, you can contact the QuickBooks 2019 Upgrade Support by dialing the toll-free number +1888-396-0208.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error C=1304
- CD drive of your system is damaged.
- Damaged installation disk or download link of QuickBooks.
- Some important components such as Microsoft .Net framework are damaged.
- Firewall settings are restricting the QuickBooks update process.
- Damaged QuickBooks company data files.
QuickBooks Error Code C=1304 is also an installation error that can appear on your screen if the CD drive of your system is damaged or the installation disk is either damaged or pirated. Sometimes the error gets easily resolved by moving the installation folder into your system may resolve the issue. However, this article will provide you the full-fledge procedure to resolve the error code C=1304.
Resolving QuickBooks Error C=1304?
- Move the disk’s installation files to your system.
- Enter the installation disk into the CD drive and if the installation gets started automatically, click on Quit.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys.
- Create a New Folder in the D:\ drive and provide a name too.
- Go to My Computer or This PC and right-click on the QuickBooks CD.
- From the drop-down list, click on CD.
- Select all the content available in the CD and copy it by pressing CTRL + C.
- Paste it in the folder that you created.
- Begin the installation process by double-clicking on the setup.exe file.
- Follow the onscreen prompts the install the software properly.
Advanced Computer User Solution (Manual Restore)
Login to your system with admin rights
- Go to Start > All Program > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
- Click on Restore my computer to an earlier time option.
- Click on Next.
- From the On this list, click a modernize reduction list, select the most earliest system to reorganize reduction.
- Click on Next and again Next to the confirmation window.
- Wait for the process to get finished and then restart your system.
- Try to install QuickBooks again.
Scan The Computer With Reimage Repair Tool
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the latest version of Reimage Repair Tool.
- Install the tool in your system properly.
- Run the tool once the installation process finishes.
- All the issues will be automatically detected by the tool.
- The tool will show you the identified errors and issues that you need to resolve.
- Select the Start Repair option in order to repair the identified issues.
- Reboot your system when the process gets finished to save changes.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Errors
Hopefully, the provided procedures allowed you resolve the error code C=1304 in QuickBooks and now you are able to install or update the QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you still face the same issue a=or you have any kind of doubt in any of the steps then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 for instant QB support.