QuickBooks is powerful accounting software which is specially designed and developed for small and medium sized businesses. It allows you to make complex accounting tasks easy and affective. Along with so many positives, it also has some negative points. Errors in QuickBooks are one of the negative points that are faced by most of the QuickBooks users. These errors can be very frustrating for you and it may put your work on halt. QuickBooks Error 1014 is one such error that restricts you from opening and working on your QuickBooks Desktop.
If you are also going through the error code 1014 and looking to resolve it manually, you have landed on the right page as in this article, we will be providing you the solutions that you can perform to resolve QuickBooks Error 1014. You can also connect with our support department at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-382-9112 toll-free.
What is QuickBooks Error 1014?
QuickBooks Error 1014 is usually refers to the cache issues in QuickBooks Desktop. You will notice that your QuickBooks Desktop is taking more time than usual to open a company file in multi-user more and you get the error code 1014 along with the following error message:
Error Message: Not able to upload your data, possibly due to an issue with the company file. Please use Verify-rebuild option in QuickBooks to fix this problem.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 1014?
Some of the most commonly identified causes of this error code are as given below:
- Installation of QuickBooks Desktop was not properly done.
- QuickBooks Company File is damaged.
- Your QuickBooks or system files have virus or malware infections.
- Some important QuickBooks or Windows related files are either damaged or missing.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1014?
To resolve the error code manually, you should know exact cause due to which the error code 1014 is occurring. Resolving this error is important because it can even cause some serious threat to your entire database.
Method 1: Resolving Error Through The Automatic Updates
- Login to the system as an administrator.
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Locate and right-click on INI file and add the part with selected value.
- Save the file.
Method 2: Resolving Error Through The Automatic Updates
- Open the Cache in the settings.
- Open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R
- In the search box, type cmd in the search field and hit enter.
- In the Command Prompt (Black Screen) and type stop net QuickBooks DBXX and hit enter.
- The settings will automatically be created and saved in the Windows Registry. You can modify it whenever you want.
- Key location where HKEY _ LOCAL _ MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ Current Control Set \ Services \ QuickBooksDBxx \ Parameters and the currently available value may be like – n QB _ SERVER _ NAME -qs – gd ALL -gk all – gp 4096 – gu all – ch 256M – c 128M …
- Save the new settings
- Run QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Pro Tip: You can remove the temp files of your system and internet browsers.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 1014. In case, you couldn’t resolve the error or you are facing some difficulties during the process, you can connect with our support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get instant support for all your QuickBooks errors and issues.