Trusted by millions of business owners across the globe, QuickBooks is truly one of the most popular and reliable accounting software. Its advantageous features and new updates further make it a favored choice amongst mid-sized business owners. However, as you know, it can at times show you some errors and issues. But fret not; we won’t let your work get hampered because of small issues. With the help of our blogs and our skilled QuickBooks Support Services Team, you are sure to get all the errors resolved.
QuickBooks Error 1603 is one such error. It usually appears during installation or while updating the QuickBooks. It can be quite a problem, since QuickBooks works well when it is upgraded with latest updates. Well, we are here to help.
In this article, we tell you how to resolve QuickBooks Error 1603.
How To Resolve The QuickBooks Error Code 1603?
Solution 1: Try repairing and re-installing Microsoft .NET Framework
Faulty .NET Framework is usually the cause behind QuickBooks Error Code 1603. To check if .NET Framework is leading to the QB Error 1603, you can use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, which will automatically scan and scan the issues related to it. You can also manually solve this issue. Here we enlist steps for both, how to use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and also how to manually resolve this problem.
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic
- Close all the running QuickBooks programs, and then run the file you just downloaded.
- A diagnose program will run which might take around 20 minutes to finish.
- After the process finishes, restart your computer. The error is likely to have been resolved.
Diagnosing the Problem Manually:
- Open Control Panel, and locate for Uninstall a Program option.
- Click on the Uninstall a Program and then on Turn Windows Features on or off.
- Locate the .NET Framework 4.7 or 4.5 entry, and check if it is enables.
- If the .NET Framework checkbox 4.5 or 4.7 is not enabled, click on the box to enable it.
- Click Ok to close the windows, and restart the computer.
- However, if the .NET Framework is already enabled, you must try repairing it by clearing the box and then restarting the computer.
- Once the computer is switched on, re-enable .NET Framework and restart the PC again.
- Locate .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in the same list and check if it is enabled or not.
- If it is not enabled, enable it by clicking on the checkbox next to it. Click OK to save the changes. And restart the computer.
- If the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is already enabled, you must try repairing it. To do so, reboot the computer, then r-enable .NET Framework and again restart the computer.
Solution 2: Try With The Clean Install Of QuickBooks
To resolve QB Error 1603, you must try with a clean install of QuickBooks. Before beginning the process, keep the product license details handy. Follow the below mentioned steps.
- Log in QuickBooks as administrator.
- Backup the data that you want to be saved, because uninstalling the QuickBooks will delete the files.
- Open Control Panel. On the top right corner, choose ‘View As’ to Category. Now, click on Uninstall a Program under the programs section.
- Select QuickBooks in the set of list that will appear. Click on Uninstall.
- An uninstall wizard of QuickBooks will open with two options, namely, Repair and Remove.
- Choose Remove. A dialogue box will appear, click on Yes.
- Click on Finish when the Uninstallation is complete. Your computer will now restart.
Now, you will have to rename the installation folders so that QuickBooks does not use the remaining files after you install it again. To do so, follow the simple steps.
- Navigate to the C drive in My PC. Open Windows Folder.
- Now, open all the folders mentioned below and rename them by adding .old to their existing names.
C:\Users\(current user)\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
64-bit version C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- While renaming these folders, if you get the error of Access Denied, it means some QuickBooks processes are running. You must close all the QuickBooks process by opening Task Manager.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc key combination.
- Click on More to get detailed list in the task manager and search for the below-mentioned entries in the Processes tab. Right-click on all of them individually, and then click on End task.
- A message saying “WARNING: Terminating a process can cause undesired results including loss of data and….” will appear. Click Yes to it.
- Now, reinstall QuickBooks using the CD or the setup file you downloaded earlier.
How To Contact QuickBooks Support Services Team?
You can get in touch with us to seek hassle-free technical support from the proficient team of getsupportphonenumber. Our team will quickly solve the issue so that you resume working smoothly on QuickBooks. QB Users can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112 whenever you encounter into QuickBooks Error Code 1603. Our support team can help with resolving all sorts of errors and issues.
Get top-notch Support Services for your QuickBooks today by calling on the QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1-888-382-9112.