QuickBooks comes with so many accounting features and it is considered as one of the best accounting software for small and medium sized businesses. Its one of the best features is the multi-user mode as it allows multiple users to work on the same company file at same time. However, sometimes you can face several issues while opening company file in multi-user mode as well. One such error is QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505 which is completed related to the company file errors.
This error can have bad impact on your QuickBooks Data and it can even damage your company file. If you are also facing QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505, this article can be very helpful for you in resolving the error as we will be assisting you to resolve the same. In case, you require any kind of assistance, you can connect with our ProAdvisors by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 Or H505
You get the error messages while opening your company file in multi-user mode:
QuickBooks Error Code H202
- The company file you are trying to access is not located in the folder from where you are trying to open it and QuickBooks couldn’t reach to the server.
- Your system is not connected to the server where the company file is located
QuickBooks Error Code H101, H303, H505
You can get these errors while trying to open your company file which is located on a different system that requires an additional installation and setup of QuickBooks software.
Why This Error Occurs:
There can be multiple reasons behind this error. Some of them are:
- Incorrect or improper hosting configuration settings.
- Firewall settings are restricting the connection and communication between server and QuickBooks.
- Configuration files of QuickBooks (.ND and .TLG) are damaged.
- QuickBooks Database server manager couldn’t identify the IP address your server.
- Incorrect DNS settings
- QuickBooks services such as QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF couldn’t be started in the server.
Solution For QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 Or H505
Method 1: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Open an internet browser and go to the official website of Intuit.
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and install.
- Now, run the tool and click on Scan. The tool will scan and troubleshoot all the detected issues.
Using the file doctor tool will surely be helpful for you in resolving the error from H series. If the error is still around, move onto the next method.
Method 2: Verify Hosting And Services
Note: You need to perform steps from this method as the Administrator of Windows user.
Verify the hosting
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to File > Utilities.
- If the Host Multi-user access option is available in the list, it means that the system is not hosting QuickBooks files. You need to check this on all systems and make sure any workstation is not hosting any company file.
- If you see the Host Multi-User Access option is there, click on it and then click on Yes to the confirmation message.
Verify the services
- Make sure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor services are running on server.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R
- Type MSC in the search box and hit enter.
- Service Window: Locate the QuickBooksDBXX service. If it is not there, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Database Server Manager and verify that it already installed on the server.
- If you are running complete program, open QuickBooks and validate that it is hosting the company files.
- Run the QuickBooksDBXX service and make sure that startup and service status is running.
- Click on Recovery.
- Restart your system to automatically restart the QuickBooksDBXX service if it wasn’t running before.
- Save the changes
- Perform the same steps for QBFCMonitor service as well.
- Try and check QuickBooks on each workstation.
Method 3: Open Network Ports QuickBooks To Communicate Configure The Firewall
- Go to Windows Firewall options and choose Outbound Rules.
- Click on New Rule.
- Choose Ports and then select Next to move further.
- Click on TCP from the specific local ports box and then click on Next.
- Select Allow the Connection.
- Provide the name of port and click on Finish.
- Perform the same steps for Inbound Rules as well.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode
Method 4: Create A New Folder For Your Company File And Share It By Allowing Access To Share Company Files
- Go to the C:\ drive of your hosting system and create a new folder there.
- Go to folder options and share the folder and set windows to get appropriate permissions to access company file.
- Create a copy of your company file and then paste it to the new folder.
- Open QuickBooks Company File again on each workstation.
Get Support For H Series Errors In QuickBooks
By following the steps provided in this article should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303 or H505. It is highly suggested to perform the steps in the shown order to get appropriate results. However, if you are not able to resolve the error manually or you have any doubt in any of the step then you may have to contact the technical support department of Intuit.
If you couldn’t reach out to the Intuit Support department, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get instant technical support for your issues and errors.