What is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS058 & How to fix it?
QuickBooks is a trusted and reliable accounting software that can be used to manage all your accounting tasks and help you to earn more profit. However, it is also true that the software is prone to errors and it can fall into errors at any point of time. There are various error categories in QuickBooks such as the update errors, company file errors, payroll update errors, installation errors, sync errors, etc. QuickBooks Error PS058 is one that error which falls into the category of payroll update errors in QuickBooks. This error occurs when you try to update payroll tax tables in QuickBooks.
If you are also going through the error code PS058 while update payroll tax tables, this article can be very helpful for you in resolving the same. By following the steps provided in this article, you will surely be able to resolve QuickBooks PS058. In case you require any kind of help at any point time, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491.
Causes Of QuickBooks Error PS058
QuickBooks Error PS058 is a common payroll update error that occurs when you try to update payroll tax tables. There can be various causes due to which this error can pop up on your screen. Some of the most common causes of QuickBooks Error PS058 are as given below:
- The company file is physically not available in the hard drive.
- Your QuickBooks Company File is damaged.
- You are not following appropriate guidelines to update tax tables.
- Unstable or unavailable internet connection.
- The payroll tax table version is not compatible with the current version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Resolving QuickBooks Error PS058
There are four different solutions that you can perform to resolve and you we have provided all of them in this section of the article. However, before you move onto the solution steps, you need to ensure that you have an active payroll subscription. Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error PS058 are as follow:
Solution 1: Download Payroll update
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Choose Options and then on the shared download option, click on NO.
- The update process will start. You need to wait for the update process to get completed.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks
You need to make sure that your QuickBooks is updated to the latest version and all the updates are downloaded including tax tables.
- Log into your Windows using the administrator rights.
- Run QuickBooks and then navigate to Help > Update QuickBooks
- Choose Options and then click on Select All.
- Select Save & Close
- Wait for the process to get finished, restart your system.
- Now, run QuickBooks and on the Install Update dialog box, click on Yes.
Solution 3: Check errors in the Company File
- Run QuickBooks and while being on the home screen, Open the Product Information window by pressing F2 key and then click on F3
- On the Tech Help window, click on Open File and then double click on log.
- Scroll down to the page and find Error mentioned in any of the lines.
You need to resolve the identified resolved and then you will be able to download the payroll updates. If you can’t resolve it manually, contact us at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-621-5491.
Solution 4: Run reboot.bat file
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC to open the Task Manager and then navigate to the Processes
- From the running processes, locate exe and select End Process.
- From the Start menu, search bat and then hit enter.
- Run the bat file and close once it finishes the process.
- Now, restart your system.
- Try update your payroll tax tables again to check if the error resolved or not.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error PS058
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error PS058. You can perform same solutions to resolve other error codes from PSXXX series and other payroll update errors. However, if you are still not able to resolve the error or you have any kind doubt during the process, you can connect with the technical support department of Intuit by just dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 to get instant support for all your errors and issues.