QuickBooks is home to some of the most advanced business management tools and one of the best customer support services. It also provides you with accounting tools, payroll management, payments, and time-tracking tools. But sometimes while installing the software on your computer, you may run into installation errors like the QuickBooks License Error After Clone or QuickBooks Error 3371.
Now, you can either choose to get instant support from the Intuit certified QuickBooks Experts by calling them on the QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112 or read this article to manually fix the error. However, we highly recommend that you let the QuickBooks Experts handle this error as this is a critical error and one wrong step can damage the QuickBooks software.
QuickBooks Fatal Error: Invalid License
The process of installing QuickBooks involves entering the license number and product code. It is a compulsory step and very often users make mistakes while entering the details. So make sure that you are typing the correct License Number and the Product code. Intuit verifies these details and only when the details are verified will you be able to use your QuickBooks. In case, the information on either of these files is damaged or incorrect, you will not be able to use your QuickBooks.
The error message that can appear on your screen are:
“Error: The validation code is incorrect or the service is temporarily unavailable when activating.”
“Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties.”
“Message: You cannot use Online Banking because QuickBooks is not registered.”
“You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” appears after you subscribe and sync.
“Error re-configuring your edition of QB.”
Sync License Data Online is grayed out and you won’t be able to click it.
No Company Open window does not have the Edit List option.
“QuickBooks has encountered a problem on startup. This may be due to an invalid software license”
Delete The EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
The best option to deal with such an error is to get rid of the entitlement file and then manually re-entering the license number and the product code. Follow the given steps for the deleting the entitlement file:
- First of all, close your QuickBooks desktop software.
- Make sure that no QuickBooks process is running in the background.
- To end the QuickBooks processes which are running, open the Task Manager on your screen by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard.
- If you are using the Windows 10 operating system, click on More Details.
- Click on the Processes
- Sort all the processes in alphabetical order. Click on the Process Name header to sort the processes.
- Look for all the occurrences for the QBW32.EXE.
- Click on all the processes and choose End Task.
- Now, look for the entitlement data folder on your computer for your OS.
- Open the Run window on your screen by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Type in the path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and hit enter on your keyboard.
- The location for this folder is the same for all the versions of QuickBooks.
- Search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right click on it.
- Choose Delete from the menu to delete the file.
- Confirm the step by clicking on Yes.
- Now, open your company data file and follow the instructions which appear on your screen.
Tech Support Service For The QuickBooks License Error After Clone
The above-mentioned methods will help you to resolve the QuickBooks License Error After Clone. This error is related to installation errors with the QuickBooks. We hope that you were able to fix this installation error by following this article. But if you are still not able to solve the error, connect with the QuickBooks Experts.
Dial our QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1-888-382-9112 to receive QuickBooks support and help. We are available 24×7 and 365 days to fix all the QB errors and issues.