What’s Holiday Pay?
QuickBooks is surely one of the best software for managing your business. It is loaded with highly useful tools and features which can create the core foundation for your venture. QB Users really like the Holiday pay feature. It allows employers to compensate their employees for holidays like Independence Day, Christmas and other national holidays. In such cases, your business is closed and your employee can take the time off from work.
Now, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the employer does not have to pay their employees for those days but mostly all employers pay their employees as added benefits. If you are looking to get more information on the QuickBooks Payroll Holiday Pay, get in touch with the QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1-888-396-0208.
To Add Holiday Pay To The Payday Page For An Employee:
- Open your QuickBooks and go to the left navigation bar and choose Employees.
- Now, select the employee’s name and then choose Edit employee option.
- This question will appear on your screen – “Under How much do you pay this employee?” tap on Add additional pay types if you haven’t chosen any other pay types, or tap the pencil icon if you have.
- Choose the Holiday Pay checkbox to mark it.
- Click on Done button.
In QB Desktop, you will have to track the holiday pay individually from sick or vacation pay. First of all, we need to new payroll item. Follow these steps:
- Open your QuickBooks and go to the top menu bar and choose Lists.
- Click on the Payroll Item List.
- Go to the lower left corner of your screen and click on the Payroll Item drop-down.
- Now, tap on New button.
- Click on the Custom Setup, and choose Next.
- Tap on Wage, and then click on Next.
- Select Annual Salary and then choose Next.
- Select Regular Pay, and tap on Next.
- Go to the Name used in paychecks & payroll reports section.
- Now, type in Holiday Pay, and click on Next again.
- In QuickBooks, Payroll Expenses is set as the default account.
- Choose Finish to complete the process.
How To Track The Accruals In QuickBooks Holiday Pay?
Tracking the accruals in QB is a very simple process and you can do that by implementing the steps which are given below. But if you are unsure or confused, call on the USA QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-888-396-0208.
- Double-click on the QuickBooks icon on your desktop to open it and head to the Employees menu.
- Click on the Employee Center.
- Now, look for the employee’s name.
- Double-click on the name so that we can edit the payroll information associated with that employee.
- Now, Choose the Payroll Info folder.
- Go to the Earnings section.
- Choose to add the Holiday Pay Item.
- After you have implemented all the steps, click on OK.
How To Pay A Salaried Employee Holiday Pay In QuickBooks Desktop Payroll?
Add A New Payroll Item.
- Open QuickBooks and go the top menu bar, click on Lists.
- Click on the Payroll Item List.
- Look to the lower left corner of your screen.
- Click on Payroll Item.
- Select New.
Define The New Payroll Item As Holiday Pay.
- Select Custom Setup, and choose Next.
- Select Wage, and click Next.
- Choose Annual Salary and click on Next.
- Select Regular Pay and click on Next.
- Type in Holiday Pay in the name utilized in paychecks and payroll reports field.
- Select an expense account in the menu.
- In QuickBooks, the expense account is by default selected as Payroll Expenses.
- Click on Finish to complete the process.
Create Your Paycheck.
For creating a Paycheck you have to go to the Earnings section of the paycheck. Now, choose to add the Holiday Pay item there.
If you are trying to add the Regular Salary or Holiday Pay, you have to enter the hours worked by your employees.
Get Support For Holiday Pay Payroll QuickBooks Issues & Problems
In case, you are not able to set QuickBooks Payroll Holiday Pay or you are encountering any problem with your QuickBooks software, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get QuickBooks Support Services.
We are also available on the QuickBooks Live Chat Support to assist our QuickBooks user.