Liability Is Missing In QuickBooks Payroll
While managing or working or your accounts, there can be some situations when you get an error message that says unable to view QuickBooks payroll liabilities even if the company file contains correct payroll tax liabilities and you should be able to view them in Payroll tab. There can be various reasons due to which this issue can occur.
If you are also facing this error and you are looking for a quick solution then you have landed on the right page as in this article, we will be providing you the steps through with you can resolve QuickBooks Payroll Liability Not Showing issue. If you want a complete resolution for your issue from our side, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and talk to our ProAdvisor to get solutions.
If you want to check if the balance is occurring on the liability balance report, you can go to: Report > Employees & Payroll > Payroll Liability Balances.
Why Liability Disappear From QB Payroll Center?
If you set up Payroll item to Other Current Liability Account, you will be restricted to see the item in QuickBooks Payroll Center. Not only this, you will also be restricted to open the Custom Liability window. You need to follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve it:
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Lists > Payroll Item List.
- Choose the Payroll Item List you want.
- Select Payroll and then click on Edit.
- Click on Next to keep making changes in Payroll item name, Liability/Expense Account connected with item as per your requirements.
- How to calculate the item
- Default rates and limit rates
- Click on Next until you reach to the final window.
- Click on Finish to complete the process.
How to view again Payroll Liability QuickBooks
Verify that your Liability Account is Active
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to List > Chart of Accounts.
- Mark the Include Inactive checkbox from the list.
Note: If you are not able to mark the checkbox because there are no inactive items, do not proceed.
- If your liability account has a large X marked on its left, click on Edit.
- Click on Make Account Active.
- Now, open the Charts of Accounts.
How to view Missing Liabilities after QuickBooks Upgrade?
- From the main menu, go to Employees > Payroll Taxes and Liabilities > Create Custom Liability Payments.
- Choose a liability period and select OK. This will open a new window that will show the liabilities to be paid.
- Perform the Verify and Rebuild utility to resolve any possible data damage.
Review Paid Through Dates
Note: Paid Through dates that is in future will prevent the liabilities from being shown.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Employees > Payroll Center.
- Navigate to the Transaction tab and click on Liability Checks.
- Choose Date and change the range to This Calendar Year.
- Mark the Paid Through date
- Double-tap on the line that contains liability check to open if any kind of modification is required.
Re-sort QuickBooks List
Re-sort the list following the below steps:
- Restart QuickBooks.
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, go to Utility > Rebuild Data.
- Click on Yes to the prompt that ask you to create a backup of your files.
- Once the process finishes, close and reopen QuickBooks.
- Run and edit payment due dates
Help For QuickBooks Payroll Liabilities Disappear Issue
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Payroll Liabilities Not Showing issue and you should be able to see liabilities in Payroll tab of Employee Center. However, if you couldn’t resolve the error by your own or you have some queries regarding this error then feel free to connect with our QuickBooks Support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and get your issues resolved.