A W-2 form, also known as the Wage and Tax Statement, is a form for an employer that it needs to send to all the employees and the agency at the end of the year. This form basically reports the annual wage and amount of taxes withheld on an employee’s paychecks.
How To Generate And Process QuickBooks Payroll W-2 Forms?
This article will provide you a complete guide to generate and process QuickBooks Payroll. You need to perform the steps provided in this article and you will be able to generate and process the W-2 forms in QuickBooks Payroll. You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 toll-free if you need any kind of assistance.
How To File W-2 Form In QB Payroll
There are two different methods that can be implemented to file the W-2 forms and they are as follow:
- Manually filing the form
- File the form via electric means.
These two methods are only for QuickBooks Payroll subscribed users.
Important note: First, you have to print the W-2 forms and then you can distribute it to your staff members and clients. If you are having any kind of doubt while processing the W-2 forms, you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-621-5491.
Important Filing Dates That Needs To Remember Are:
January 31st, 2019
- You receive the W-2 form on this day for any active or inactive employees or clients including their last year salaries.
- Both ways to file W-2 forms in tandem with the SSA.
- Manually Filed Forms: Includes due dates are postmarked dates.
- Electronically Filed Forms: January 31, 2019, 5.00 pm is the last for submission of the forms.
To Electronically File Forms W-2 With The SSA
For QuickBooks Payroll Online users:
- Choose Show More option from the Dashboard of QuickBooks Payroll.
- Select File Now option for W-2 Copied A & D.
- Click on the Yearly Forms and then select W-2 Copies A & D.
- Provide the tax code if required and ignore other pre-filed tax code section.
- Select Continue.
- Now, you may be required to submit if you have one or more employees active or not under a superannuation plan for tax year duration.
- Run the Acrobat Reader by clicking on View from W-2 Page Check and print Copy D.
- Click on Submit if you are now ready to approve the file copy.
Now, the form has been submitted with the company and you will get an email once the W-2 form the processed properly.
Copies You Need To Hand Out To Employees When You Do Electronically Filling
Now, you should print and share the copies to your employees. You need to do this even if you have files the form using electronic means. You need to make sure that you have the print of copies so that you can easily maintain them in your records. In the below list, we have provided some basic facts regarding the copies that you need to send to agency and employees:
- Copy A – Needs to be generated for SSA
- Copy B – Needs to be generated for workers
- Copy C – Needs to be created for worker (copy of worker’s records)
- Copy D – Needs to be created for the owner
- Copy 1 – Needs to be generated for State, City, or Native tax division
- Copy 2 – Needs to be to be created for workers (filed with worker’s state, city or native tax returns)
How To Check Status Of W-2 Form
Status Of Filing W-2 Forms
When you successfully prepare your W-2 Form and enter all the required details in QuickBooks, your payroll account will either display Submitted or In Progress. Now, you have to click on Submit in between two days prior to January 31st, the SSA with validate your submission.
- Submitted: It indicates that the W-2 form is successfully received.
- In Progress: QuickBooks has sent the W-2 form details to the agency in mid of January. The status will be shown as In Progress once the form has been directed
- Finished: Your W-2 form process is acknowledged by the SSA and you should receive an email confirming this.
Get Help W-2 Form E-Filling From Payroll Experts
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you are able to process the W-2 form in QuickBooks with ease. You may have noticed that filing the W-2 form or any other form in QuickBooks is not that complex, but users face issues while doing it because they are not use to it. If you are also facing some errors or issues while processing the QuickBooks W-2 form in QuickBooks Payroll then you can feel free to contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 and get your issues resolved.