In some cases, QuickBooks Point Of Sale users are not able to access or connect to the server. In this article, we will provide all the information related to the issue like why are you encountering this issue, how you can fix it manually and the different problems that you can run into. If you are in a rush and do not have the time to go through the entire content, simply call on the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-866-656-1012 and the QuickBooks Experts will take care of it.
The problems with QuickBooks Point Of Sale may differ from a computer not connecting to the server to any of these:
- Error: Fixing the Connection
- Error: You are not connected to the server
- Point of Sale is grayed out.
- Error: Specify the Server and Company Data File
The error message that will appear on your screen is:
“This application has encountered a problem and needs to close”
“POS Message 181002: The Server Workstation is not running or the company data is not accessible”
What Are The Causes For The QuickBooks Point Of Sale Issues?
- The server that you are using is not set up for multi-user access.
- A security application/software like Firewall, Anti-virus, Anti-malware is restricting or blocking the connection between the server and your computer.
- You are facing Network connection issues on your computer.
- The user is utilizing a dynamic IP for the IP address.
- You haven’t properly configured the Network Sharing and Folder permissions on your computer.
- Make sure the computer meets the minimum system requirements to use QuickBooks Point Of Sale.
- Restart the Server and Client computer before troubleshooting.
- Restart the connection and verify that you have properly configured the ports.
- Verify that your Client computer and the server are able to communicate with each other.
- Log in as the System Administrator.
- You must choose to turn on the Network Discovery.
How To Fix QuickBooks POS Client Will Not Connect to Server?
Solution 1: Check The Server If Point Of Sale Is In Multi-user Mode
Open your QuickBooks and go to the File menu. Head to Switch Company File to Multi User Mode.
Solution 2: Use The QuickBooks Desktop Point Of Sale Connectivity Tool
First of all, download the QuickBooks Connectivity tool from the official Intuit website. Now, implement the steps which are given there. If you are still not able to connect to the server, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Configure Firewall
Firewalls are installed on the computers to protect them from unwanted access to the data. These firewalls can restrict connectivity between the server and client workstations. QuickBooks POS is capable of automatically configuring the firewall but sometimes you may need to do it manually.
Contact the QuickBooks ProAdvisors for configuring your firewall.
Solution 4: Rename The WS Activity
- First of all, search for the WSActivity on your computer.
- You can find it in the Location: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Now, right-click on the file and select Rename from the drop-down menu.
- Add old to the file name.
- Now, close and then re-open your QuickBooks POS.
Solution 5: Edit Windows Hosts File
You need to have system administrator rights for implementing this step. You can resolve many QuickBooks errors by simply editing the Windows hosts file.
Learn how to edit the Windows hosts file by using the Live Chat Support Service.
In case, you need assistance in resolving the QuickBooks POS Desktop: Client Will Not Connect to Server issue, contact QuickBooks Support Team immediately. Connect with us via the toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1-866-656-1012.