QuickBooks POS Error 121 is a permissions error that generally says permission denied. It restricts you from installing any updates in your QuickBooks Point of Sale.
QuickBooks Point of Sale provides an on-premise, web-based solution for all size and nature of businesses. It allows you to build customer relationships, manage inventory and automate the overall banking process. It also allows you to enter sales information automatically in your accounting software. It comes with hundreds of accounting features such as barcode scanning, credit card processing, price lookup, receipt notes, refunds, discounts, exchanges, gift cards, layaways quotes customer history.
If you are also facing the QuickBooks POS Error 121 while updating your QuickBooks Point of Sale application then this article will be very helpful for you as we will be providing you the steps to resolve error code 121. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to get an instant technical support issues.
Reason Behind The QuickBooks POS Error 121
The error code 121 can occur if some other user is already logged in as a guest user and you get the following error message:
“QB Point of sale error 121 denied & you don’t have authorization to choose from the timeouts “
Some of the main causes of QuickBooks Error 121 are as follow:
- Damaged QuickBooks company file.
- Installation of QuickBooks was not done properly.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale is not properly activated after installation.
- QuickBooks Company File is damaged.
- Firewall settings are not allowing you to update software.
- Antivirus software installed in your system is creating hindrance while updating or installing QuickBooks.
Resolution of QuickBooks POS Error 121
Steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 121 are as given below:
Close all Point of Sale Processes and Services
- Open the Task Manager by pressing the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
- Navigate to the Processes tab and end the following processes
- Search and end the below processes:
- Close the Task Manager.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run Command.
- Type msc in the search field and click on OK or hit enter.
- Navigate to the Services window and locate the QuickBooks Point of Sale Database Manager XXXX.
- Now stop the service and then close the ‘Services Window’.
Delete the Necessary Files
Show the hidden windows Folders
For Windows 8.1 & 8.
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Navigate to the Appearance and Personalization
- Click on Folder Options and then go to the View tab
- From the Advanced Settings section, click on Show Hidden Files, folders, and drives.
- Click on OK.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Press the Windows + E keys to open the Windows Explorer.
- Go to the Organize section and click on Folder & Search Options.
- Go to the View
- Click on Show hidden files and folders and then unmark/clear the Hide Protected Operating files
- Now Press YES on the warning message and press OK.
- Go to the Tools and then click on Folder Options.
- Navigate to the View tab and unmark/clear the Hide extensions for known file types
- Choose the Show hidden files and folders and then remove the checkmark from Hide protected Operating System Files.
- Click on OK.
Open the Windows Explorer by pressing the Windows + E and navigate to the following folder paths:
- For Windows 8 and 8.1- C:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client \v8.0
- For Windows 7 and vista – C:\Program data\intuit\entitlement client\ v8.0
- For Windows XP – C:\documents and settings\all users\ application data\intuit\entitlement client\v8.0
- Select all the files and folders by pressing CTRL + A
- Right-click and click on Delete from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to the location – C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX.
- Open the INI folder and delete the ‘WSActivity file.’
- Run QB Point of Sale software and try to run the update again.
- Complete the registration process again.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Point Of Sale
The provided solutions should help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 121 and you should now be able to update your QuickBooks Point of Sale properly. In case, you couldn’t resolve the error manually or you have some doubts while performing the steps then you can feel free to contact our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to get an instant solution for your issues.