QuickBooks POS is considered as one of the best retail accounting software all over the world. It provides you a powerful platform to follow sales, customers and inventory with ease. QuickBooks Point of Sale comes with hundred of retail accounting features can be helpful for you in managing your day-to-day transactions. But sometimes, there can be some situations when you can face several errors and issues that can affect your workflow. QuickBooks Error 1706 is one such error that comes under the category of installation errors in QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error Code 1706 is a common installation error that doesn’t allow you to install QuickBooks POS application or QuickBooks Desktop. Well, this article will help you to resolve the error code 1706 in QuickBooks Point of Sale. If you require any kind of assistance from our technical support department then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks POS Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012.
Causes For QuickBooks POS Error 1706
QuickBooks Error 1706 can be caused due to various reasons and some of them are as given below:
- Installation source you are using to install QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
- Proper guidelines are not being following appropriately to install QuickBooks.
- The installation CD couldn’t be read by your system.
- Misconfigured firewall settings are restricting the installation process of QuickBooks.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 is installed on your system is of Beta version.
- Improper installation of Microsoft .NET Framework.
These are some of the causes of QuickBooks Error 1706 due to which the installation process gets hindered and you get the following error message:
Error Code 1706: “A valid authorization not found while opening the POS.”
The error can also occur because your system is running slow. Your system might be running slow because so many processes running in the background that are consuming your RAM space.
How To Fix QuickBooks POS Error 1706?
QuickBooks Error 1706 can be resolved by following three different solution steps. You are recommended to perform the steps in shown order and install QuickBooks after performing every solution. If the issue gets resolved by the first solution, then you don’t have to perform other steps. Solution steps that you need to perform to resolve QuickBooks Error 1706 are as given below:
Solution 1: Download the Microsoft Fixit or System File Checker Tool
SFC or System File Checker is a tool offered by the Microsoft to scan and resolve the damaged Windows file.
- Download the installation file of System File Checker tool and then install the tool properly.
- Run the tool and it will automatically scan and repair all the damaged Windows system file that are related to the Microsoft .NET Framework.
If the solution steps couldn’t resolve the issue then you need to perform the next solution or contact the Microsoft support department.
Solution 2: Install the QuickBooks Point Of Sale Software Again
- Go to the Start menu and then open Control Panel from there.
- Go to the Program and Features section and locate QuickBooks Point of Sale from the installed program list.
- Select Uninstall option and then perform the onscreen instructions to uninstall QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Use a fresh installation source (CD or downloaded setup) and install QuickBooks Point of Sale properly.
Solution 3: Update the QuickBooks POS for Desktop to the recent release
The error may occur on your screen when you try to install an outdated version of QuickBooks Point of Sale that is not compatible with current version of Windows OS. You will have to download the latest release to resolve this error.
- Go to the product update section of QuickBooks.
- Check if the Point of Sale software is marked as a product in the list.
- Perform onscreen instructions to install all the updates.
- Wait for the process to get finished and the restart your system.
- Now, try to run the QuickBooks POS to check if the error is resolved or not.
Technical Support For 1706 Error QB POS 18.0, 13.0, 12.0 Solutions
The provided solution steps will allow you to resolve the QuickBooks Error 1706 for all the versions of QuickBooks Point of Sale. However, if you have any kind of doubts or you are not able to resolve the error manually then you can connect with our QuickBooks Support department. You just need to dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 for an instant technical support for your QuickBooks issues.