QuickBooks Point of Sale allows you to manage accounting transactions, payroll transactions etc. for all kinds of organizations be it small or large. Financial transactions are processed on a regular basis in your business. While a user add record of a customer in QuickBooks Point of Sale, you may face several issues as well. One such error is QuickBooks Error 3180 that can occur when you try to process a financial exchange. You can get one of the following error message:
- Status code 3180: There was a problem with saving the Journal Transaction
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: A/P or A/R detail line have vendor
- Status code 3180: QuickBooks error message: The posting account is invalid
- Status code 3180: There was an error when saving a sales Receipt
- Status code 3180: Sales tax detail line must have a vendor
It is a run time error that can occur when you try to run the software forcefully. It belongs to the financial exchange issues where the security counting of your customer is required before saving the employee information into QuickBooks Financial.
Causes Behind 3180 Error Code QB POS
- Windows registry got corrupted due to some recent changes in the QuickBooks software.
- A third-party application is restricting you from processing the financial exchange.
- An important QuickBooks file was removed mistakenly.
- Accounts are not appropriately set up for correct tax type.
- Some parts of company file is being used as a Tax form.
- Vendor is not linked with the tax agency.
Any of the factor can lead to the error code 3180 in QuickBooks POS and you can get the following error message on your screen:
“ There was an error when saving a Employee list, element Employee Name” along with the dialog box showing “ The address is invalid “.
Four Ways To Fix Error 3180 in Quickbooks Point of Sale
- Run the QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
- Select the listing type open the latest receipt along with the payout tag.
- Click on I Want … and then click on Reverse.
- Leave A/P and A/R accounts and create a new paid out account
- Open the QuickBooks POS application.
- From the File menu, go to Preferences and then choose your company file.
- Select the financial account and then Accounts.
- Put a checkmark on the Basic and Advanced Settings
- Make sure that the account mapping is done the way it should be.
- Click on Save and run financial exchange again.
- From the main menu, go to Lists and then Item List.
- Verify all the items available in POS and also make sure that you are using correct account.
- Process the Financial exchange
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to List > Customer.
- Choose a payment method from the list.
- Right-click on Cash Method and select Edit Payment method from the drop-down list.
- Type the letter X in the space to the payment method and then click on OK.
- Right click on the Cash method again and then click on New.
- Provide all the required information and create a new cash method.
- Process the financial exchange again.
- Rename all the payment methods.
- Perform all the above steps for Vendors as well.
Technical Support 3180 Error QuickBooks POS V18, V13, V12, V11 or Earlier
The methods provided in this article will surely be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 3180. This article has provided overall solution for this error, but it is a very large error and a single article can’t provide you the complete solution for this error. However, if you are not able to resolve this error or you are having some doubts in the solution steps then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-382-9112 to get an instant support for your QuickBooks errors and issues.