QuickBooks comes with so many accounting features that allows you to manage complex accounting tasks with ease. However, sometimes you can face some issues in the QuickBooks software that can put your work on halt. QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error is one such error which is a technical error in QuickBooks and it generally occurs when you try to open the QWC file.
This article will provide you a complete resolution for your QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 for an instant technical support for your QuickBooks Desktop.
Causes of QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error :
NET Framework: This error can occur if the event handler couldn’t catch the error and other prompts for a debugging mode.
C++ Error: In this error, QuickBooks couldn’t catch prompts and ask for debugging mode.
ActiveX Control: QuickBooks couldn’t get integrated with Microsoft applications and throws an error.
Java or COM components: Java not available or updated version required.
Resolutions of QuickBooks Unhandled Exception Error
There two different ways through which this error can be resolved. You have to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and other Microsoft components. You also need to check that the currently installed components are not damaged.
All open applications must close
- Open the Run Command by pressing Windows + R
- Type Control Panel in the search box and click on OK or hit enter.
- From the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features
- Locate and uninstall the installed programs for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
Install it, if the program is not installed
- Open an internet browser and go to the official website of Microsoft.
- Try to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Select Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and then click on Remove or Change
- Begin installation process and perform all the onscreen prompts.
- Once the process finishes, restart your system.
- Now, try to open the QBWin.log file again to check if the error is resolved or not.
Unhandled Exception Error Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier, Enterprise
Unhandled Exception Errors can be caused due to so many factors and it is not possible to cover all of them in a single article. Here in this article, we have provided solutions for most common causes due to which the error occurs. If you are not able to resolve the error then you still don’t have to worry at all because the error can also be resolved by connecting with a QuickBooks Expert. You can contact our certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 and get an instant support for your issues.