How To Fix The QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error?
Much like any other software or an application, QuickBooks is also prone to errors and issues. Despite being one of the most trusted and user-friendly software, several errors can appear to halt your work altogether. For instance, QuickBooks Unrecoverable error. QuickBooks crashes after showing this error. The display of the QuickBooks Unrecoverable error might leave you baffled, but worry not. We are here to provide instant Intuit QuickBooks Support Services.
With this article, we enlist 6 definite ways to fix the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error.
Solution 1: Don’t Let QuickBooks Open Multiple Windows At Start-Up
One of the most common and effective ways to fix the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error is to not let QuickBooks open all windows at start-up. Follow the below mentioned steps to do this task.
- Double click on the QuickBooks application icon while pressing the Alt key.
- Release the Alt key and enter the login details.
- Click on OK when the program starts, and press the Alt key again.
- Once it opens, release the Alt key.
Also, when QuickBooks opens, close the windows or press on ‘Close all windows’ before exiting.
Solution 2: Try Open A Sample File
If the above mentioned method didn’t work, you can try the opting this method.
- Press Ctrl key while double clicking on the QuickBooks application icon
- Keep pressing the Ctrl key until QuickBooks shows ‘No Company open’
- Now, you have to open a sample file.
- Select one a sample file and open it.
- If a dialogue box appears to prompt you to start a restore/update process, click on OK.
- Now, if the sample file opens without showing the Intuit QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error, it means that the company file that’s showing the error is damaged or corrupted.
Solution 3: Copy The Company File On Desktop
At times, a complex storage path of the company file may lead to an error. So, you can try moving it to a simpler location like the Desktop. Perform the following steps so as to change the location of the QuickBooks file.
- Open the folder where your company file is saved, and use Search option to find the the QBW file.
- Copy this file and paste it on Desktop.
- Open QuickBooks while pressing the Ctrl key on the keyboard until the application shows ‘No Company Open’
- Click on Open in the File menu, browse the file you just copied on the desktop and click open.
Solution 4: Take a cue of Auto Data Recovery
- Restore the company file using the Auto Data Recovery option.
- If you encounter the Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks, you can also resolve it by using the Auto Data Recovery option.
Solution 5: QuickBooks Troubleshoot
If the above listed options couldn’t resolve the error, try troubleshooting the QuickBooks application.
- Run Reboot.exe to again register QuickBooks object in Windows.
- Now, you must manually repair the Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer.
- A clean reinstall of QuickBooks is to be performed.
- Now, launch the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool to repair the damaged and corrupt files.
Solution 6: Update QuickBooks
There might also be chances that you are not using an upgraded version of QuickBooks. You must know that it is of utmost importance to keep installing all the features and updates that Intuit keeps launching for the QuickBooks users.
The QuickBooks 2012 R14 service pack provides it users the facility to fix all the Unrecoverable File errors. To update the QuickBooks installation with this perform the following steps.
- Press Ctrl Key while opening the QuickBooks.
- Click on Help and then on Update QuickBooks.
- Now, click on Update Now.
- Click on the New Features option, and then on Get Updates.
- Exit QuickBooks after the update is complete.
Need more help with Unrecoverable Error in QuickBooks? Contact us via our toll-free USA QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1-888-396-0208 to seek assistance from our experienced technical support team.