QuickBooks is an accounting software that allows you to perform all the complex accounting tasks for your business and it saves your precious time and money. However, there can be some instances when the QuickBooks software can start misbehaving and to resolve those issues, you will be asked to reinstall QuickBooks.
Some resolution articles suggest a basic reinstall QuickBooks when an issue or error effects your multiple company files. If that doesn’t work, then you have to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks as it fixes some complex issues that are occurring in your QuickBooks company files.
Reinstalling QuickBooks is not just uninstalling and installing QuickBooks again. It is much broader than that. You have to uninstall QuickBooks, rename old installation files and then install QuickBooks again. This complete process is commonly known as clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
This article will provide you the complete steps to reinstall QuickBooks using clean install. If you are not sure about performing the steps, then you can also contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll-free.
How To Reinstall QuickBooks?
To reinstall QuickBooks, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks version which is currently installed on your system. If you are facing any issue, then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.
Note: You should have an installation disk or a downloaded setup before initializing the un-installation process. You should also have a valid license and product number.
Steps to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on your system are as given below:
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstall
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows + R.
- Type Control Panel in the search field and then hit enter or click on OK.
- Navigate to the Programs and Features.
- Locate QuickBooks from the installed programs and then select Uninstall/Change.
- You will get the installation wizard on your screen. Select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. Once the process finishes, click on Finish.
Rename The Installation Folders
You can rename installation folders by two ways. You can either use the option to rename the folders in QuickBooks Clean Install Tool or you can rename all the installation folders manually.
- Download the installation file of QB Clean Install Tool.
- Run the installation file and install it on your tool.
- Run the clean install tool and then click on I Accept on the license agreement.
- Select the QuickBooks version which was installed on your system and then click on Continue.
- If you get a message that says, ‘QuickBooks is not ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory’, click on OK.
You have to show all the hidden files and folders so that you can rename each of the installation folder. While renaming your installation folders, add OLD or DAMAGED or any specific term. Doing this will replace all the installation folders so that you can easily differentiate between them.
- Error: Access Denied when renaming folders
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
- Navigate to the Processes
- Click on Image Name section to sort all the processes in alphabetic order.
- Select QBDBMgr.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, Qbw32.exe and then click on End Process.
- Select Yes on the warning message.
Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Once you uninstall QuickBooks and rename all the installation folders, you have to install the QuickBooks Desktop. However, you have to make sure that you use a fresh installation source because the older installation sources can be damaged, and you can face the same issues again. You also have to make sure that you don’t install the QuickBooks software on an external or a flash drive. It should be installed on your local drive.
Reach Us For Support
Following the steps provided in this article will help you to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop surely. Reinstalling QuickBooks will allow you to resolve various errors and issues in QuickBooks such as installation errors, company file errors, update errors. However, if you are facing any kind of issue while uninstalling or reinstalling the QuickBooks software or the issue didn’t get resolved even after reinstalling QuickBooks then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 to get an instant solution for your issues.