Are you not able to restore your backed up QuickBooks company files? It is a common backup issue that most of the QB users go through. If you are one of them and looking for solution then this article can be helpful for you as we will be providing you the steps to restore QuickBooks backup company file.
You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to get data support services for your QuickBooks software.
Note: If you have converted a company file to an older version then you can’t restore and use them in the newer version of QuickBooks.
Restore a backup company file
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Open or Restore Company > Restore a backup copy and then click on Next.
- Choose the Local Backup option and then click on Next.
- Choose the location where you want to save the backed-up file.
- Go to the location where the file is saved and select it.
- Click on Open and then Next
- Choose the location where you want to save the file from the Save In drop-down list.
- Type a name for the file and click on Save.
- Read the message you get on your screen carefully and respond to it as required.
- Click on No if at any time, you receive one of the following messages:
- [Filename].qbw already exists. Do you wish to replace it?
- You are choosing to overwrite an existing company file. Are you sure?
Selecting Yes will overwrite or replace the existing file. You also have to enter a temporary file name with the .qbw file extension if you don’t want your files to get overwritten. Make sure that the restored file is working properly and it contains correct data then you can rename the file to the original file name.
The Assisted Payroll users may receive the following error message while restoring the file:
This QuickBooks file may be missing some of the payroll data that you have already sent to the Payroll Service. Before creating any new transactions, you need to restore the missing data by clicking Send Payroll Data from the Employees menu and then clicking the Send button.
You need click on Send only if the Items to Send field includes 0 paychecks for $0.00. If you find some listed transactions then you need to send duplicate transactions to the payroll service. Contact QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number to ensure how many items are already been sent.
Reset your password
To restore the data, you have to enter correct admin password. In case, you forgot your user credentials then you can retrieve it by using the Automated Password Reset Tool or contact Intuit QuickBooks Support.
Sending zero payroll will restored the missing payroll in QuickBooks. (The missing payroll data excludes Deposit for Vendor or DD4V transactions)
Reach Us For Support
Hopefully, you find this article helpful and you are now able to restore a backup of your QuickBooks company file. However, you can also face several issues while restoring a backup of your company file. If you are facing any kind of issue then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 to get instant solution for your issues.