Intuit releases a new version for QuickBooks every year and like every year, Intuit has released the QuickBooks 2020 and Enterprise Solution 20.0. The latest version of QuickBooks comes with various new features that can be more beneficial for your business. It is suggested to update your QuickBooks to the 2020 version to manage your accounts more efficiently. However, to update your program to the latest release, your system needs to fulfill some requirements to run 2020 version of QuickBooks smoothly. In this article, we will be providing you the information about the system requirements for QuickBooks desktop 2020.
QuickBooks provides you the best user experience as compare to any other accounting software. In this article, you can get a detailed information about the operating system, hardware, software and other important requirements for QuickBooks 2020.
- Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 8.1 (Update 1), all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
- Windows 7 SP1, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed (only supported until January 2020)
- Windows Server 2019, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2016, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2, and Essentials
- Windows Server 2012, and Essentials
- Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only supported until January 2020)
Note: It is advised to use QuickBooks on the Windows OS platform as QuickBooks works best on Windows OS.
|Windows (natively installed)||Windows Server 2019, and Essentials
Windows Server 2016, and Essentials
Windows Server 2012 R2, and Essentials
Windows Server 2012, and Essentials
Windows Server 2011
Windows Small Business Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (only Supported until January 2020)
Windows 8.1 (update 1)
Windows 7 SP1 (Enterprise and Professional editions only) (only supported until January 2020)
|Linux (when using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Database Server-only installation)||OpenSuse 42.3
Red Hat Enterprise 7 (RHEL 7.4)
Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)
Hardware and Operating system requirements (client and server)
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|RAM||4GB minimum, 8GB Recommended
Server RAM Requirements
1-5 Users: 8 GB RAM
10 Users: 12 GB RAM
15 Users: 16 GB RAM
20+ Users: 20+ GB RAM
|Disk space||2.5GB of disk space (additional required for data files)
Additional software: 60MB for Microsoft .NET 4.6 Runtime, provided on the QuickBooks CD
Additional requirements for Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks Connected Services offerings (applies to the US only).
Require minimum 4.0GB RAM.
Twice the size of the largest file set to back up + 100MB or twice the size to restore. The space is only required from the work folder LocalApplicationData+”Intuit\Intuit Data Protect”.
Note: Use the Solid State Drive to store your QuickBooks data files for best performance.
|Windows||US version of Windows.
The English language needs to be set to make it compatible for regional settings.
You should be having Administrator rights for server computer while hosting multi-user access.
Natively installed – It means that QuickBooks was installed on a specific system or environment for which it was designed. It also means that it doesn’t require to run on a virtual environment or emulation software.
|Optical Drive||4X DVD-ROM drive required for CD installations (unless QuickBooks is downloaded from Intuit server).|
|Screen Resolution||Display optimized for 1280 x 1024 screen resolution or higher with up to 2 extended monitors.
Best optimized for Default DPI setting for a given computer.
Note: Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
QuickBooks can easily be integrated with so many third-party applications. Following list of apps can be used with QuickBooks Desktop:
Note: Additional RAM can enhance the use of these features.
- Microsoft Office:
- Office 2016 (including Outlook 2016) both on 32 and 64-bit.
- Office 2010 SP2, Office 2013 and 365 (For Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 both) both on 32 and 64 bits. Note:Office 365 is only compatible for the local installation and not with the web version.
- Email Estimates, Invoices and other forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail and Outlook.com, other SMTP-supporting e-mail clients.
- For creating or preparing letters, you require Microsoft Word 2016, 2013, or 2010 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- To export reports, you require Microsoft Excel 2016, 2013, or 2010 SP2 or Office 365 (includes 64-bit).
- Contact Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook requires Outlook 2010 (32-bit).
- To sync QuickBooks with Outlook, you require QuickBooks contact sync for outlook (the download is available at no charge). Note:You may contact sync won’t work with the Microsoft Business Contact Manager Outlook plug-in. Syncing could cause duplicate records.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V18.0 and V12.0
- TurboTax 2019, 2018 (Personal and Business)
- Lacerte 2019, 2018
- Pro-Series tax years 2018-2020 (For US only)
- Quicken 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016
- QuickBooks for Mac 2020, 2019, 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: Business Planner, Payroll and viewing forms require Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or later.
- Payroll and other online features and services require Internet access with at least a 56 Kbps connection speed (1 Mbps recommended). DSL or cable modem is recommended.
- Gmail, Yahoo Email, Windows Mail, Hotmail and AOL (i.e Mozilla Thunderbird Email Client*). Note: *Supports plain text version in Mozilla.
- Internet Explorer 11
Firewall and antivirus software compatibility
QuickBooks Pro 2020, Premier 2020, and Enterprise 20.0 are tested with the following firewall and antivirus programs.
Note: Sometimes, you will have to modify some of the settings in the following programs for better performance.
- Windows Server Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 8.1 Firewall (all editions)
- Windows 7 Firewall (all editions)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
Note: QuickBooks can work with systems running RAID (Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks) but it is not advised because your QuickBooks software may work slowly.
QuickBooks for Mac 2020
Minimum system requirements
- Minimum macOS 10.14 (Mohave); supported by macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
- Intel processor, Core 2 Duo or higher.
- Multiuser Server: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor to run a server.
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB RAM recommended).
- 250 MB of available disk space.
- CD/DVD drive or Internet connection for downloaded installation.
- Printer: 100% Macintosh-compatible printer, if you will be printing invoices, checks, deposit slips, lists, purchase orders, mailing labels, reports, or graphs.
- Checks: You can use Intuit Checks if you want to print checks. Canadian Image Ready Checks are not supported.
- Product registration required.
- Exporting report data: For this, you should have Apple Numbers v3.5, Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Emailing:For this, you should have Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, including Mac Office 365.
- Payment: For this, you should have Intuit Merchant Service if you are accepting credit or debit cards or both. You need to purchase the Merchant Service for QuickBooks for Mac separately. Debit card transactions are done as Signature Debit, and they don’t require any kind of PIN code.
- Payroll:The services that will work with your QuickBooks for MAC are as follow:
- Intuit QuickBooks Payroll for Mac
- Intuit Full-Service Payroll
- Top Pay from Aatrix
Note: You require your EIN and a strong internet connection for Payroll for Mac. Printing checks and forms also require Adobe Reader and additional fees may apply.
- Mac apps:QuickBooks Desktop for Mac can be synced with Apple’s Calendar, Messages, and contacts.
- File conversion:QuickBooks for Mac 2020 supports:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2016 to 2019
- Two-way conversion from and to QuickBooks Desktop 2020.
- If QuickBooks Desktop is not tested for your hardware, software, firewall or antivirus, we can’t really claim that QuickBooks will work fine on those platforms.
- In case you face any issue, we will be providing you the basic solutions for those issues. If the solution didn’t work, you will be connected to the data service team of us directly.
- If Microsoft doesn’t support a particular tool or application, Intuit will also provide support for that particular product.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
This article should be helpful for you in understanding the requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and Enterprise Solution 20.0. These are the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks, and you need at least these configurations to run QuickBooks without any issue. However, if your Operating System is not mentioned in this article, it might be possible that QuickBooks 2020 is not tested yet on those OS. If you have any kind of doubt or you are facing any kind of issue while working on QuickBooks, dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-621-5491 to get instant technical support for your issues.